Apex Legends Season 16, instead of a new Legend altogether, brings a new Legend class system and a whole host of perks. Here’s everything you need to know about the changes.
The news that Apex Legends Season 16 won’t feature a new Legend is a departure from the norm for Respawn’s battle royale. Up to now, every new season has brought a brand new character for players to learn and master.
Instead, Season 16 will bring major changes to Legend classification, and a new perk system relating to a Legend’s category. Here’s everything to know about the changes.
Apex Legends: new Legend classes
There will be five new Legend classes introduced with Season 16. Each gives the Legends clearly defined roles in the BR and has its own perk.
The five new classes are:
Each Legend will be classified as follows:
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
|Assault||Maggie, Ash, Bangalore, Revenant, Fuse|
|Skirmisher||Valkyrie, Wraith, Mirage, Horizon, Octane, Pathfinder|
|Recon||Crypto, Seer, Vantage, Bloodhound|
|Controller||Catalyst, Rampart, Wattson, Caustic|
|Support||Newcastle, Lifeline, Loba, Gibraltar|
While there won’t be a new Legend for Season 16, we expect every subsequently added character to slot into one of these five classes.
All Legend class perks explained
Each class brings with it its own perk – further defining the playstyle of Legends in each class. Every character within a certain class will receive the bonuses that the category’s perk provides.
The perks are as follows:
- Assault: Legends can open a hidden shelf in new Weapon Supply Bins. A smart loot system will provide valuable weapons and upgrades. Assault Legends can also stack an extra piece of Ammo per inventory slot.
- Skirmisher: Legends can spot incoming Care Packages at a distance and see the highest value item it contains. They are also able to keep tabs on the revealed weapon and whether it has been equipped by an enemy team.
- Recon: Legends no longer have access to ring data, but can scan modified Survey Beacons to reveal enemy locations on the map for 30 seconds. Nearby enemies will be notified of the location of the Beacon being scanned.
- Controller: Legends have access to new devices called Ring Console(s), which are located around the map. These devices reveal the next ring location (transferring this ability from Recon Legends to Legends who are designed to rotate early and set up in the new zone).
- Support: Legends now have access to a hidden shelf in Extended Supply Bins (the blue bins), which will contain high-value healing and survival items. Support Legends can also craft banners of eliminated teammates at crafting stations for 30 materials, even ones that have expired.
That’s all there is to know about the new Legend classes and perks right now.
We’ll be sure to update this page with any information Respawn reveal closer to the Season’s inception or after it has dropped and they look to perfect the balance between classes.