Respawn are pushing a new update for Apex Legends that’s going to address a few bugs with Rampart while also nerfing the Devotion after its transition to being available as ground loot.
Apex Legends Season 6 is jam-packed with new content that’s been generally keeping its player base happy. A new weapon, new Legend, and major additions to World’s Edge have all been keeping people pretty busy.
Unfortunately, not everything has gone off without a hitch. Streamers, pro players, and others have raised concerns with the now-default Evo Shields around the map as well as the overall weapon meta in Season 6.
The devs are listening to the community and distributing patches as they see fit, and this time around it should go a long way to solving early problems in the season.
Season 6 premiered with a bang, as the Apex community have taken quite nicely to new Legend, Rampart. However, the player base noticed that her ability kit included a few bugs that made her daunting to play, most of which have now been patched.
These included glitches such as her Amped Cover walls making people disconnect from the game in certain instances, and even her “Boom” finisher line being played from across the map.
Because of the new Legend’s popularity, these issues have been prevalent in many games, so the devs are making sure to address them as soon as possible.
Devotion LMG nerf
The Devotion’s switch from being exclusively in supply drops to now available as floor loot had caused the light machine gun to reign chaos on opponents.
Respawn are aiming to address that immediately by giving the gun more recoil while slightly nerfing its damage. These changes aren’t supposed to kill the LMG’s viability, but it’ll make the gun more reasonable to deal with now that it’s widely available.
The studio said there could be more patches to the Devotion down the line as they monitor its performance throughout the Arena.
Take a look at the full patch notes for the Apex Legends August 20 update below, courtesy of Respawn Entertainment.
Apex Legends August 20 update patch notes
- Rampart Amped Wall client error in softened gore locales
- Fix a server error causing immediate disconnects when Rampart puts down a wall
- Fix an error caused in some instances where a player is on Rampart’s turret when it is destroyed
- Issue around specific Bloodhound skin getting a stretched neck while using Rampart turret. We are still working on this issue for Lifeline’s Guardian Angel skin
- Rampart’s “Boom” finisher line from playing across the map
- Kill stat tracking for R-99 not displaying properly
- Reduce Devotion damage [17 -> 16] , and increases recoil – these are quick changes we can make now, more adjustments to Devotion that take more time to do will come later.
- Reduce number of Devotions and Turbochargers spawned
- Reduced number of gold helms, gold backpacks and gold incap shields