While the June 24 PTR update may not feature another major new feature like its predecessors, which tested the Replays system and the Workshop itself, it does come with some quality-of-life improvements.
Most notable is the addition of subtitles to aid players that are deaf or hard of hearing, as well as adding the option for those that simply prefer closed captions.
Subtitles come in three levels – Critical Gameplay, Critical Gameplay + Conversations, and Everything, allowing players to select how much information they wish to be relayed by the subtitles.
The update also introduces some new features for the Workshop, including the ability for creators to measure the server performance. This should help players who are making particularly complex game modes to figure out how much the servers can realistically handle more easily.
While the June 24 PTR patch isn’t as large as many updates, players are expecting to have a new hero to test fairly soon, as the summer hero reveal usually occurs towards the end of June or very early July.
June 24 Overwatch PTR patch notes:
New Feature: Subtitles
Choose between 3 additive levels of subtitling: Critical Gameplay, Critical Gameplay + Conversations, and Everything. This new feature was created to improve the gameplay experience for players that are deaf or hard of hearing, and also for players who enjoy reading closed captions.
- Added the ability for scripters to measure the server performance of the current game instance.
- Three new values make this possible:
- Server Load - Provides a percentage representing the CPU load of the current game instance.
- Server Load Average - Provides a percentage representing the average CPU load of the current game instance over the last two seconds.
- Server Load Peak - Provides a percentage representing the highest CPU load of the current game instance over the last two seconds.
- As these numbers approach or exceed 100, it becomes increasingly likely that the game instance will be shut down because it is consuming too many resources.
- A new preset example displays these values as HUD text in the upper-left corner of the screen. The rule in the preset can be copied into other scripts to help identify performance problem areas.
- Three new values make this possible:
- When a game instance shuts down due to excessive Workshop script load, a new error message is displayed in the chat window (instead of the “unexpected error” message).
- Additional strings added.
- Fixed a bug that could cause players who have selected a hero during the Hero Select Phase to have their hero deselected when the Setup Phase begins.
- Fixed a bug that caused "Set Invisible" to function incorrectly for Reinhardt when using secondary fire while viewing in 3P.
- Custom Game: Fixed a bug that could cause AI bots to become stuck on their way to the capture point on the Oasis: University map
- Fixed a visual inconsistency with Baptiste’s head with his Spec Ops skin equipped.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a dead Hanzo’s bow to appear floating above the ground, when that Hanzo had his Kabuki skin equipped.
- Fixed a bug where Roadhog’s chain would sometimes not render in first person
- Fixed a bug where Moira’s Coalescence would sometimes not render in first person
Update - June 27
Blizzard have added to the current PTR patch with a series of bug fixes, most notably addressing issues with D.Va's Defence Matrix failing to absorb projectiles, Baptiste's Amplification Matrix failing to amplifying healing correctly, and Doomfist's Seismic Slam failing to register.
- Workshop: Fixed the “Disable Built-In Game Mode Respawning” and “Set Respawn Max Time” actions.
- Custom Game: Fixed a bug where Widowmaker’s Venom Mine damage wasn’t affected by custom game damage scalars.
- Replays: Fixed a bug that caused the FOV button to not function when watching a replay.
- Fixed a bug where Seismic Slam could fail to register.
- Fixed a bug where D.Va’s Defense Matrix would fail to absorb projectiles around a corner in certain circumstances.
- Fixed a bug where Baptiste’s Amplification Matrix was not boosting healing effects.
- Fixed a bug where Sombra’s Translocator would be on cooldown after respawning.
- Fixed a bug where an enemy could sometimes use an ability if Sombra hacked them while they were already hacked via EMP.
- Fixed a bug that made it possible to use Torbjörn Molten Core and hammer at the same time.
Last updated: June 27, 2019 - 5:00 AM EST