Some curious Overwatch players have discovered a glitch on BlizzardWorld in the Workshop that allows access to the Winter version of the map, which turns Mei’s Ice Wall into a catapult capable of absolutely launching heroes.
Mei’s Ice Wall can be used for defense, trapping enemies and a laundry list of other things but it also turns into a medieval siege engine on the Winter Wonderland version of BlizzardWorld.
The kinetic capabilities of Mei’s wall were shared to Reddit by Overwatch player Linkyop while another user, TentraTint, shared the steps to unlock Winter Blizzard World and Mei’s trebuchet for players.
3, 2, 1, Liftoff
Winter BlizzardWorld is only available during Overwatch’s Winter Wonderland event.
It was so bugged when it first came out, Blizzard had to disable to map for a few days so it wouldn’t crash players’ games.
One of the best bugs on the map though happens just after the second checkpoint headed into the Diablo-themed area of the park.
- Read More: Shanghai Dragons complete ultimate Overwatch League comeback with Stage 3 finals performance
If Mei places her Ice Wall in the correct spot it will spin around and will launch any hero standing on top of it straight to Horizon Lunar Colony.
To get into Winter BlizzardWorld, players have to go into the Workshop and follow a specific set of instructions, as provided by TentraTint:
- Create a custom game. Open the settings menu, go to “Lobby”, and set “Return to lobby” to “Never”.
- Open the Workshop editor. Create a new “Ongoing – Global” rule.
- Add a “Wait” action, set for 20 seconds, then add a “Declare Match Draw” action.
- Start the game.
- Press Escape, and select Show Lobby. Open the custom game settings, and load the preset JTM06 (ENTER THIS CODE)
- Exit the custom game settings screen. If it worked, you will see the usual “custom game settings updated” message. Don’t worry if you see error messages saying “invalid options” and it won’t let you restart the match—this is why you set the match to end in a draw after 20 seconds.
- Wait for the game to end (again, it won’t take long at all) and let it restart. When it does, it should load you into Winter Blizzard World! (Or perhaps another winter map, but I’ve only seen Blizzard World.)
There are a lot of players who don’t want Blizzard to patch this and instead let them mess around on the bugged map, since they argue it’s not really hurting anyone – besides the heroes that get launched.[ad name=”article4″]
Speaking of Seasonal events, when is Summer Games?
We still don’t know exactly when Overwatch’s Summer Games will begin this year, but Jeff Kaplan did reveal that the event would be starting earlier this year than it has in years past.
He did say that Lucioball would be returning this year, no word on whether or not the ball will be replaced with Hammond though, and talked about a new way players will be able to earn skins in the upcoming event.
Players will be able to earn Summer Games skins throughout the event by completing weekly mini-challenges that work like the Bastet and Baptiste Reunion Challenges, which means we might not have to farm quite as many loot boxes this year to get a Legendary skin.