August 27 Overwatch Patch fixes Role Queue Achievement bug
The latest Overwatch patch on August 27 fixes several bugs, including a major one that prevented players from unlocking Sigma’s achievements in the Role Queue Competitive Beta season.
Overwatch’s Role Queue Beta Season started on August 13 and is set to run until Season 18 begins on September 1.
Blizzard had previously told players that rank and SR progress from the beta season wouldn’t be saved and used for Season 18, but now it looks like they’ve rolled that back, and have confirmed that results from the Beta season will carry over to Season 18.
No Sigma achievements for you
Sigma, like every other Overwatch hero, has two Achievements available to players that unlock his cute and pixel sprays.
“Conservation of Energy” requires players to gain 350 shields with a single use of Sigma’s Kinetic Grasp ability and rewards the pixel spray.
“Event Horizon”, on the other hand, tasks players with getting three killing blows during a single use of Sigma’s Gravitic Flux an rewards his cute spray.
Players have still been able to unlock the achievements, but only in Quick Play or Custom games, but players that spend most of their time in Competitive were unable to unlock the achievements even after meeting the requirements.
It wasn’t just Sigma, though, players had been reporting that no achievements were unlocking for any heroes with the start of the Beta Season in Competitive Play – so hopefully the problem is finally fixed for good.
What else is included in the new patch?
The August 27 update also fixed an issue that prevented players from receiving an SR update in Competitive when the entire enemy team left the match.
Brigitte’s Repair Pack ability also got polished up and will no longer grant defensive assists to her every time she uses the ability on an ally. A bug that prevented the sound of the ability from playing for the player receiving armor was also fixed.
The full patch notes for the Overwatch August 27 update can be read below:
New Feature: Hotfixing
With this patch, the Overwatch client on all platforms can now automatically receive minor updates (hotfixes) without needing to be restarted. Hotfixes require online connectivity, access to disk, and sufficient disk space. In the event a hotfix can’t be received, you may encounter a message you can resolve via one of the following platform-specific support articles:
- Overwatch Error: Unable to Install or Patch (PC)
- Overwatch Error: Insufficient Disk Space (PC)
- Overwatch Error: Insufficient Write Permissions (PC)
- Overwatch Error: Unable to download data (PC)
New Feature: Shared Install (PTR and Live)
The PTR and Live Overwatch PC clients can now share storage when installed to the same file path on disk. This should reduce the disk space required to install and update multiple clients. As a result, today’s PTR client should require only ~1.2GB of additional disk storage. Players with previous Overwatch PTR clients installed can uninstall and reinstall to a common disk location to benefit from this feature.
Note: Overwatch League Replay Viewer also supports shared installation with the PTR and Live clients.
- Custom Game – Fixed an issue where presets saved with Symmetra’s “Teleportation Duration” were being flagged as invalid
- Role Queue Beta Season – Fixed a bug that prevented players from earning achievements when playing in the Role Queue Beta
- Role Queue Beta Season – Fixed a bug that could cause players not to receive an SR update when the entire opposing team left the match
- Fixed a bug that incorrectly applied Role Queue restrictions to vs. A.I. games
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from selecting roles in Quick Play LFGs
- Workshop – fixed an issue with “unknown error” preventing players from loading certain Custom Game presets
- Fixed a bug that could cause status effect toasts (stunned, slept, resurrected, hacked, detected, etc.) to get stuck on screen
- Fixed a bug with Brigitte’s Repair Pack granting defensive assist credit anytime after a target was healed
- Fixed a bug with Brigitte’s Repair Pack not playing a sound effect for the receiving player