The latest Teamfight Tactics update, Patch 9.16b, brings adjustments to some key champions, especially in the later stages of the game.
Being one of the “B” patches of TFT’s weekly update schedule, 9.16b doesn’t make the extensive or major changes that the main updates do, but there are still some adjustments that could have an affect on the game’s meta.
It seems Riot want to reduce the power of the game’s dominant marksmen a little, as hyper-carries Draven and Jinx are both getting nerfs to their damage output, as is Lucian, who can be a reliable early and mid-game carry and even dominate late with the right items.
Also on the nerf list are Kayle, whose shield duration is taking a small hit, and new champion Vi, whose mana requirement for her Assault and Battery ability is being increased.
On the buff list, two of the tier five units, Anivia and Miss Fortune, are getting minor buffs, the former a health pool increase, the latter an ability damage increase at one and two-star level. Meanwhile, Aatrox is also getting a Spell Damage buff at one-star level, at the cost of a commensurate reduction at three-star level.
Patch 9.16b is due to go live on Wednesday August 21. The full patch notes can be read below.
Teamfight Tactics Patch 9.16b notes
- Bonus Health: 300/600/1000 ⇒ 250/500/900
- Health: 700 ⇒ 650
- Attack Damage: 75 ⇒ 70
- Ability Bonus Attack Speed: 0.75/1.0/1.25 ⇒ 0.6/0.8/1.0
- Rocket Damage: 100/225/350 ⇒ 100/200/300
- Shield Duration: 2/3/4 ⇒ 2/2.5/3
- Ability Damage: 150/250/350 ⇒ 100/225/350
- Mana: 50/125 ⇒ 75/150
- Spell Damage: 250/600/950 ⇒ 300/600/900
- Health: 650 ⇒ 700
- Bonus Attack Damage on Transform: 30/60/90 ⇒ 50/100/150
- Miss Fortune
- Ability Damage: 800/1250/1700 ⇒ 900/1300/1700
- Armor: 20 ⇒ 30
- Ability Damage: 200/325/450 ⇒ 175/300/425
- Health: 650 ⇒ 700
- Luden’s Echo
- Damage: 200 ⇒ 180
- Further adjustments to in game matchmaking to prevent seeing the same opponents as often.
- The Hextech trait now disables Ionic Spark for the appropriate 8 seconds instead of a whole round.
The next update on the horizon will be Patch 9.17, which is expected to make far more significant changes, including the introduction of new champion Pantheon. The 9.17 patch is due to go live on August 28.