League of Legends patch 12.2 is here. This time around the LoL devs are reworking Tahm Kench and Janna, buffing the infamous wind brothers Yasuo and Yone, adding new champion Zeri to the mix, and plenty more.
- Zeri debuts as League champion 158
- Riot buffing Yasuo, Yone after Shieldbow nerfs
- Tahm Kench, Janna reworks finally arrive
League of Legends Season 12 rolls on, with more than a dozen champions getting buffs, nerfs, and changes, and an entirely new character making her debut.
The wind brothers — Yasuo and Yone — are now getting some much-needed buffs, after Immortal Shieldbow’s nerfs in LoL patch 12.1 hit them harder than Riot expected. According to developer Phlox, they “suffered substantially” from the changes, slipping to a shock 47.4% win rate.
On top of that, Riot is releasing sixteen new skins.
And finally, the Tahm Kench and Janna mini-reworks are finally set to arrive. Here’s all the details on League of Legends patch 12.2, coming in the next two weeks.
What’s coming in LoL patch 12.2?
Zeri debuts in 12.2
The next League of Legends champion, Zeri, has finally been revealed. A new AD carry from Runetera’s polluted twin undercity Zaun, she’s jumping from Arcane onto Summoner’s Rift.
Born into a working-class family in the undercity, she worked alone in resistance against the chem-barons of Zaun who were destroying her homeland. Her electric charm wasn’t enough though, although her efforts inspired those suffering under the chem-barons to rebuild their lives.
With help from Entresol neighbors, she was able to harness and channel her electric energy into a rifle powered by emotions, and a jacket to control her powers.
Janna rework finally arrives
Riot Games have been hard at work on a Janna rework, and are attempting to push the enchanter support away from her dominant poke builds by handing her bonus utility in her other spells and more power in her Q ability.
Her auto attacks and W are taking a hit early, with her basic attack range is being cut from 550 to 500. Janna will no longer gain bonus magic damage based on her movement speed too. To compensate for these changes, she’s getting a slight AD and move speed buff.
Her W’s range was adjusted with its slow duration increased and damage raised, but at the cost of a significantly longer cooldown so it can’t be spammed in lane.
Rose, Firecracker, Porcelain skins
Riot Games are releasing an incredible amount of skins this update, including two new Crystal Rose styles, two Withered Rose skins, five Firecracker variants, six Porcelain designs — including one Prestige version — and more.
Xayah will also be getting her first Prestige skin, an upgraded style for the “Brave Phoenix” skin that the Vastayan Rebel was given halfway through the last season.
Here’s all the skins in this update:
- Crystal Rose
- Withered Rose
- Xin Zhao
- Lux Prestige Edition
- Brave Phoenix Xayah Prestige Edition
Dexerto understands these fifteen new skins will come with varying degrees of chroma packages, ranging from six for Porcelain to eight for Rose variants.
Take a look below for the complete League 12.2 update patch notes, courtesy of Riot Games.
League of Legends patch 12.2 notes
- Move speed: 315 ⇒ 330
- Base AD: 46-71.5 ⇒ 52-103
- AD Growth: 1.5 ⇒ 3
- Basic Attack Range: 550 ⇒ 500
- Updated – Tailwind: Janna gains 8% bonus move speed only while moving toward allied champions. (Bonus move speed for allied champions moving towards Janna unchanged.)
- Removed – Fast and Furious: Janna’s basic attacks and W – Zephyr no longer deal bonus magic damage based on her bonus move speed
Q – Howling Gale
- COST Cost: 60/90/100/120/140 mana ⇒ 60/70/80/90/100 mana
- Minimum range: 1000 ⇒ 1100
- Maximum range: 1750 ⇒ 1760
- Tome to destination: 1.5 seconds ⇒ 1.25 seconds
W – Zephyr
- Range: 550 (from edge to edge) ⇒ 650 (centered)
- Slow duration: 2 seconds ⇒ 3 seconds
- Cooldown: 8/7.5/7/6.5/6 seconds ⇒ 12 seconds at all ranks
- Base damage: 55/85/115/145/175 ⇒ 70/100/130/160/190
- Bonus move speed: 6/7/8/9/10% ⇒ 8/9/10/11/12%
E – Eye of the storm
- Updated – A friendly forecast: Innate – Whenever Janna’s abilities slow or knock up at least one enemy champion, ⇒ she receives +20% heal and shield power for 5 seconds
- Shield: 80/115/150/185/220 (+70% AP) ⇒ 80/110/140/170/200 (+65% AP)
- Cooldown: 16/15/14/13/12 seconds ⇒ 15/13.5/12/10.5/9 seconds
- Shield decay starts after: 0.75 seconds ⇒ 1.25 seconds
R – Monsoon
- Healing tick rate: 0.5 seconds ⇒ 0.25 seconds (total heal amount unchanged)
W – Whimsy
- Cooldown: 16/15/14/13/12 seconds ⇒ 17/16/15/14/13 seconds
- Health growth: 85 ⇒ 95.
Q – Duskbringer
- Bonus AD ratio: 75% ⇒ 85%
- Base health regeneration: 7.5 ⇒ 6
Q – Edge of Ixtal
- Grass trail zone duration: 3.5 seconds ⇒ 3 seconds
R – Thrill of the Hunt
- New – Hide and leap: Innate – Rengar can leap to enemies with his next basic attack when he is in camouflage
R – Inferno Trigger
- Physical damage per shot: 0/10/20 (+50% AD) ⇒ 5/15/25 (+50% AD)
- Total damage per target: 0/100/200 (+500% AD) ⇒ 50/150/250 (+500% AD)
Passive – Absolution
- New – Low visibility: Innate – Senna’s basic attacks now slow enemies by 20% (+6% per 100 AP) (+10% per 100 bonus AD) for 2 seconds
Q – Twilight Assault
- Increased bonus damage: 10-40 (+6 every 3 levels) (+5/5.5/6/6.5/7% (+2% per 100 AP) of target’s max health) ⇒ 10-40 (+6 every 3 levels) (+4/4.5/5/5.5/6% (+2% per 100 AP) of target’s max health)
Q – Tongue lash
- Enemy slow: 40% ⇒ 50%
E – Thick skin
- Amount of damage stored into grey health: 45/50/55/60/65% ⇒ 15/25/35/45/55%, increased to 45/50/55/60/65% if there are 2 or more visible enemy champions nearby (dead or alive)
- Amount of healing restored from grey health: 30-100% (levels 1-18) ⇒ 45-100% (levels 1-18)
R – Devour
- Ally shield upon Devour: 400/500/600 (+100% AP) ⇒ 500/700/900 (+150% AP)
- Move speed upon Devouring ally: Slows Tahm Kench by 30/20/10% while ally is swallowed ⇒ Grants Tahm Kench 40% move speed for 3 seconds (regardless of swallow duration)
W – Rake
- Damage against monsters: 130% ⇒ 105%
Base health: 559 ⇒ 600
Base health regeneration: 3.75 ⇒ 4
Q – Baleful strike
- Cooldown: 7/6.5/6/5.5/5 seconds ⇒ 6/5.5/5/4.5/4 seconds
- Stacks granted upon killing large monsters and minions: 2 ⇒ 3
- Attack damage growth: 3 ⇒ 3.5
E – Sky Splitter
- Cooldown: 15 seconds ⇒ 13 seconds
Q – Steel Tempest
- Damage: 20/45/70/95/120 (+100% AD) ⇒ 20/45/70/95/120 (+105% AD)
Q – Mortal Steel
- Damage: 20/40/60/80/100 (+100% AD) ⇒ 20/40/60/80/100 (+105% AD)
R – Death Mark
- Damage: 100% AD (+25/40/55% of damage dealt against marked target) ⇒ 65% AD (+25/40/55% of damage dealt against marked target)
- Build path: Blasting Wand + Aether Wisp + Sheen + 600g ⇒ Fiendish Codex + Aether Wisp + Sheen + 550g (total cost unchanged)
- Ability haste: 0 ⇒ 15
- Spellblade damage: 150% base AD (+40% AP) ⇒ 75% base AD (+50% AP)
- Spellblade cooldown: 2.5 seconds ⇒ 1.5 seconds
Rylai’s Crystal Scepter
- Combine cost: 815 gold ⇒ 415 gold (total cost equally reduced)
- Ability power: 90 ⇒ 75
- Health: 350 ⇒ 400
Updated – Refuel (passive) damage stacks: Gain 5 stacks per instance of any damage dealt ⇒ per instance of damage dealt against monsters and champions only
Updated – Refuel (passive) movement stacks: Gain 1 stack for every 15 units traveled, (uncapped) ⇒ capped at up to 10 stacks per movement command
Chemtech Dragon Soul
- Zombie health: 80% base health + 50% bonus health ⇒ 70% base health + 40% bonus health
- Zombie duration: (without other health impacting factors) 4 seconds ⇒ 3 seconds
- Offensive action camouflage timer: 1.5 seconds* ⇒ 2.5 seconds
- Bonus damage vs enemies with more current health: Up to 10% ⇒ Up to 12%
Hextech Dragon Soul
- Chain lightning true damage: 25-75 (based on attacker’s level, 1-18) ⇒ 25-50 (based on attacker’s level, 1-18)
- Attach speed per stack (melee): 13% ⇒ 10-15% (levels 1-15)
- Attach speed per stack (ranged): 7% ⇒ 5-9% (levels 1-12)
Bugfixes and QoL Changes
- Fixed a bug where Teleport could sometimes still target certain units other than towers before 14 minutes
- Fixed a bug where Unleashed Teleport would permanently replace one of your Summoner Spells if acquired and used via the Unsealed Spellbook rune
- Champions will now correctly drop Unleashed Teleport spell shards if used after 14 minutes into a game with Zoe
- Fixed a bug where Yone could sometimes cast Unleashed Teleport while his E – Soul Unbound was active
- The exclamation point stealth indicator has been fixed and will correctly reappear above your champion if you are visible to an enemy inside the Chemtech Fog after completing certain stealthing abilities (such as Akali’s W – Twilight Shroud)
- Fixed a bug where towers would incorrectly target enemy champions who took damage from Kog’Maw’s Passive – Icathian Surprise or Karthus’s Passive – Death Defied
- Rengar’s Passive – Unseen Predator leap basic attacks will correctly trigger Navori Quickblades’ Deft Strikes effect
- Fixed a bug where taking damage from certain jungle monsters would sometimes incorrectly grant stacks toward Force of Nature’s Absorb passive
- Fixed a bug where triggering Glacial Augment’s passive would incorrectly count toward triggering Eclipse’s Ever Rising Moon passive
- Fixed a bug where Mythic or active item icon borders would sometimes appear in incorrect locations. (Yes, the mysterious orange squares…)
- Enemy player chat and emote mute toggle buttons have been fixed and will no longer overlap with other icons in the scoreboard
- DJ Sona and K/DA Seraphine’s in-game music mute toggle buttons have been fixed and will display correctly next to their champion icon in the scoreboard every game
- Chat restriction notifications have been fixed and will once again inform players how many messages they have left in their limit
Crystal Rose Janna
The desire for peace brought about more than just a yearly festival. Born from this universal wish was Janna, a spirit whose magic hangs like a wreath over the night. Though she’s regarded by most as a legend, guests sometimes say they see a beautiful woman float by. Maybe it’s a trick of the crystal rose’s light…
Crystal Rose Akshan
As roguish as he is handsome, Akshan abandons his daring adventures each year to make a highly-requested appearance at the festival. He might be seen stealing a dance or two, but he only has eyes for one among the crowd. Their moral… discrepancies are no match for the electrifying chemistry between them.
Withered Rose Zeri
Zeri’s not one for the backstabbing schemes at the Festival of the Crystal Rose. She’d rather take action than formulate some complicated plan; and that’s why partygoers will never suspect that this year, she’s got one: Crash the party in the name of the rejects! No one– not even a dashing, would-be rival– will see her coming.
Withered Rose Elise
Elise is in attendance at every annual gala, despite never once receiving a formal invitation. Rumor has it she’s been blacklisted for spinning webs of lies, forming and disbanding allegiances in the span of a single evening. Attendees have also noted her suitors never seem to make a return visit to the festival.
Best known for his brawling, few realize that Sett is also an accomplished Lion Dancer. It’s a surprisingly similar skillset; performing is all about good footwork, being fierce, and knowing how to wow the crowd– and who does that better than the Boss himself?
Teemo cooks up his specialty steamed buns every year for the revel, and every year they’re a big hit– literally. Those explosives pack a punch! Almost as much of a punch as the bill for all that property damage.
Firecracker Xin Zhao
Xin Zhao is a popular man at the New Year’s festival– and not just because he hands out lots of red envelopes. He is the reliable protector that keeps his more chaotic friends from getting into often-explosive mischief, and does it all with a cool, casual grace that leaves everyone swooning.
As the master of fireworks for this year’s revel, Tristana has worked hard to create a show the festival goers will never forget. Now that the New Year is here she’s excited to sit back and enjoy the night with her friends… but she’s saved some of her best explosions for last.
Market stalls offer the Lady of the Moon their wares freely, in hope of receiving a blessing for the New Year. Diana is happy to oblige, even if it means getting stopped every few feet by another well-wisher… Luckily, Diana’s festival buddies are patient.
After accidentally unleashing an ancient evil sorceress while doing research in the university archive, Ezreal narrowly escaped certain death when Lux and the spirit of the Tiger Relic stepped in to save him. Though he is new to the world of magic, Ezreal has joined the Protectors– determined to help solve the problem he (inadvertently) caused.
Eternally young due to his bond with the rat Relic, Amumu’s innocence belies centuries of existence. He’s been lonely in ages past, but no more: Lux is like his big sister, and Kindred is his… Kindred? Companionship hasn’t stopped his occasional tantrums, of course, but at least now there’s someone to shine his porcelain eyes after a nice cathartic cry.
Long ago, the sorceress Lissandra stole the Snake Relic from the ancient Protectors in a bid to gain immortality. Cast down and sealed away for her crimes, Lissandra spent centuries of solitude scheming a way to take all twelve Zodiac Relics for herself, waiting for the perfect time to strike… And now Ezreal has given her the chance.
Once a skilled hunter and her fierce hound, the two were so bonded that their souls remained together when they were preserved inside the dog Zodiac Relic. Now they are two halves of a whole, mentoring generations of Protectors like Lux and Amumu and standing guard eternally over the ancient magic that keeps them alive.
As the current leader of the Protectors and wielder of the rabbit Relic, Lux is determined to keep up her sunny disposition in spite of everything: her own arduous sorcery training, the newbie archaeologist who stumbled into their ranks, and the sudden threat of an awakened evil now out for vengeance. She’s got this… right? Right.
Porcelain Lux Prestige Edition
A leader bends, but never breaks. In the Protectors’ pursuit of ancient evil, Lux has navigated her team over obstacles that even the archeologist– in all his unbridled confidence– thought insurmountable. Lux’s power, once a dim light in a darkened world, now shines brightly. And her ragtag group of fragile personalities, the Protectors? With her support, deserving of their title.
Brave Phoenix Xayah Prestige Edition
Her heart unwavering, Xayah carries the fenghuang’s blessing with her across the once peaceful lands. She makes quick work of those who would lay waste to the relics of the past, her magic mirroring their beauty in a harmonious dance. If they wield their power in order to honor their ancestors, Xayah is confident that the forces of good will prevail.