The League of Legends 11.3 patch notes are here and we have a complete look at what to expect in the Feb. 3 update including all the changes to Goredrinker, Staff of Flowing Water, Rell balances and more.
Riot’s popular title has been overshadowed by healing in recent patches, so much so the balance team is now moving quickly to cowl a number of “problem” items.
This includes one half of the notorious “Moonstone Staff” combo — the non-Mythic side, Staff of Flowing Water, is being nerfed — as well as a small power reduction for Goredrinker’s active, which delivers a hefty chunk of health back for damaged tanks.
Rell, the Iron Maiden, is also copping a small rework.
On top of that, the LoL balance team is taking a “big sweep” through Season 11’s items to “find over and underperformers,” and give them a tweak.
Here’s all the details on League of Legends patch 11.3, coming this week.
League patch 11.3 patch notes
Goredrinker, Staff of Flowing Water cop nerfs
Riot has decided to hit the dreaded “Moonstone Staff” combo by taking power out of the non-Mythic side. This leaves Moonstone Renewer untouched, but should cowl the “broken” healing synergy that has reigned supreme in Season 11.
The Staff isn’t the only item under the microscope this patch. Goredrinker has also had some of its power stripped; it’s active now delivers less health back (8% instead of its original 12%).
- Read More: Why is everyone building Moonstone Renewer?
Other top-tier items like Deadman’s Plate, Zhonya’s Hourglass, and Sterak’s Gage have also been nerfed. Heading the other way are struggling items like Phantom Dancer, marksman mythic Immortal Shieldbow, and Chemtech Purifier.
Riot runs ruler over Rell in patch 11.3
The Iron Maiden has been handed a number of changes in patch 11.3, in an effort to mitigate her impact a little. She currently boasts a 54.23% win rate in high-ranked solo queue, according to Lolalytics.
The Iron Maiden will have damage and shielding taken out of her W ability, “Ferromancy,” as well as her E ally bind, “Attract and Repel.”
To counteract these power shifts, Rell’s ultimate — “Magnet Storm” — now deals 40% more damage through ability power, though her base 120-280 damage dealt via the signature ability still stays the same.
LoL patch 11.3 adds “Lunar Beast” skins, more
The next League skin line, Lunar Beast, has arrived in patch 11.3. Five champs have been handed new cosmetics, including Aphelios. There will also be a special, pricey Prestige skin for top lane duelist Fiora.
Here’s the full list of champs getting ‘Lunar Beast’ skins:
- Jarvan IV
- Fiora (Standard & Prestige)
League patch 11.3 is actually chock full of new skins too. Swain and Zyra will get “Crystal Rose” variants, while Syndra and Talon will get “Withered Rose” skins.
Here’s the full League patch 11.3 notes, courtesy of Riot Games.
League of Legends patch 11.3: full notes
Q – Detonation Damange
- 70/105/140/175/210 (+50% AP) ⇒ 60/95/130/165/200 (+45% AP)
R – Clacial Storm
- Damage 22-82 ⇒ 22-70.
E – Vorpal Spikes
- Base Damage 22/37/52/67/82 ⇒ 22/34/46/58/70
Q – Neurotoxin
- Base Damage 40/75/110/145/180 ⇒ 40/70/100/130/160
W – Skittering Frenzy
- Active Attack Speed 60/80/100/120/140% ⇒ 60/70/80/90/100%
Q – Mystic Shot
- Damage Ratio 120% AD ⇒ 130% AD
- Health Growth 95 ⇒ 85
E – Triggerseed Shield
- 80/115/150/185/220 ⇒ 80/110/140/170/200 80-220 ⇒ 80-200.
Q – Switcheroo!
- Bonus Damage 75/100/125/150/175 ⇒ 100/125/150/175/200
- Fishbones Bonus Attack Speed Penalty -25% ⇒ -10%
E – Flame Choppers!
- Cost 70 mana ⇒ 90 mana
- Arm Time 0.7 seconds ⇒ 0.5 seconds
- Updated: No More Flaming – When casting Flame Chompers! farther than max range, it now casts to the max range instead of causing you to walk into range and then casting
- Mana regeneration 11.5 ⇒ 13.
Q – Inner Flame
- Cost 65 mana ⇒ 55 mana
E – Death’s Grasp
- Cooldown 24/21/18/15/12 seconds ⇒ 22/19/16/13/10 seconds
- Health 597 ⇒ 575
Passive – Berserker Rage
- Bonus Attack Speed: 0-100% ⇒ 0-75%
- New Leave Nothing Behind: The amount of attack speed being granted is now displayed on Olaf’s passive icon
Q – Comet Spear
- Reduced Damage Damage Against ⇒ Minions and monsters
- Cooldown 10/9.5/9/8.5/8 seconds ⇒ 13/11.75/10.5/9.25/8 seconds
E – Frenzying Taunt
- Cooldown 12/11.5/11/10.5/10 seconds ⇒ 12 seconds
Rell (small rework)
W – Ferromancy: Crash Down
- Damage Ratio 40% AP ⇒ 60% AP
W – Ferromancy: Mount Up
- Damage Ratio 30% AP ⇒ 40% AP
E – Attract and Repel
- Unbind Cooldown: 3 seconds ⇒ 1 second
- Cooldown Bugfix: Fixed a bug where Rell’s E – Attract and Repel cooldown was scaling non-linearly
- Cast (Far) Away: When cast from very long ranges, Rell should now properly path towards the target until in range to cast her E
R – Magnet Storm
- Damage Ratio: 70% AP ⇒ 110% AP
E – Valor
- Cooldown 12/11/10/9/8 seconds ⇒ 10/9/8/7/6 seconds
Passive – Stage Presence
- Base Note Damage: 5-20 (levels 1-18) ⇒ 4-16 (levels 1-18)
W – Surround Sound
- Shield 60-120 (levels 1-18) ⇒ 50-100 (levels 1-18)
Q – Twin Bite
- Empowered Basic Attack (First Strike) Damage: 100% AD ⇒ 100% AD + 25% AP
- Second Strike Bonus Damage: 20/35/50/65/80% AD ⇒ 20/35/50/65/80% AD + 15% AP
W – Burnout
- Bonus Movement Speed: 30/35/40/45/50% ⇒ 30/35/40/45/50% + (8%/100 AP) (still decays linearly)
Q – Poison Trail
- Damage Ratio: 80% AP ⇒ 90% AP
Q – Chain Lash
- Cost 50/55/60/65/70 mana ⇒ 55 mana
W – Kingslayer
- Damage 65/100/135/170/205 (+85% AP) ⇒ 70/105/140/175/210 (+90% AP)
Passive – Rock Surfing
- Bonus Movement Speed: 12-40% (levels 1-18) ⇒ 20-45% (levels 1-18)
Q – Threaded Volley
- Subsequent Stone Damage Monsters: 100% ⇒ 80%
R – Phoenix Stance
- Total Base Active Aura Damage: 50/100/150/200/250/300 ⇒ 50/95/140/185/230/275
R – Hemoplague
- Cooldown 150/135/120 seconds ⇒ 120 seconds
- Ability Power: 65 ⇒ 80
- Combine Cost: 400 gold ⇒ 700 gold
- Ability Haste: 15 ⇒ 20
- Update – Puffcap Toxin Passive: Inflicts immobilized enemy champions with 60% Grievous Wounds for 3 seconds ⇒ Healing or shielding an allied champion now empowers the ally’s next damage to an enemy champion with 60% Grievous Wounds for 3 seconds
- Health 475 ⇒ 400.
- Ever Rising Moon Shield: 150/75 ⇒ 180/90
- Omnivamp 10% ⇒ 8%
Force of Nature
- Movement speed per stack 6 (max 30) ⇒ 8 (max 40).
- Total Cost 2700 gold ⇒ 2500 gold
- Combine Cost 800 gold ⇒ 600 gold
- Armor 80 ⇒ 70
- Thirsting Slash Heal: 25% AD + 12% missing health ⇒ 25% AD + 8% missing Health
- Ability Power: 100 ⇒ 115
- Hypershot Range: 750 ⇒ 700
- Ability Power: 100 ⇒ 115
- Hypershot Range: 750 ⇒ 700
- Removed – Crescent Empowered Damage: Ironspike no longer deals more damage to low health minions and monsters
- Omnivamp 10% ⇒ 5%.
- Health 150 ⇒ 250.
Lord Dominik’s Regards
- Armor penetration 25% ⇒ 35%.
- Attack damage 0 ⇒ 20.
- Attack speed 45 ⇒ 25%.
- Long sword replaces Dagger in build.
- Max stacks to get bonus attack speed 5 ⇒ 4.
- Bonus attack speed at max stacks 40% ⇒ 30%.
- Omnivamp 15% ⇒ 10% per champion level.
- Omnivamp 15% ⇒ 8% by champion level.
- Health 150 ⇒ 300.
- Mythic Passive 5% magic penetration ⇒ 8 AP + 2% omnivamp
- Attack Damage: 35 ⇒ 40
- Health 200 ⇒ 300
Staff of Flowing Water
- Ability power 60 ⇒ 50.
- Base shield 200 ⇒ 100.
- Shield duration 5s ⇒ 4s.
- Seekers cost 900 ⇒ 1000.
- Updated – Adaptive Passive: Every 60 seconds gain 3 bonus magic resistance, stacking up to 5 times. Taking magic damage reduces the time it takes to gain magic resistance ⇒ Grants 0.5 magic resistance per each unit killed (maximum 15)
- Combine Cost 315 gold ⇒ 115 gold
- Total Cost 2500 gold ⇒ 2600 gold
ARURF Balance Changes
- ARURF (and URF) now grants 300 ability haste instead of 80% CDR. Ability haste you gain from other sources will stack with the URF bonus unlike in previous runs.
- The URF bonus ability haste also applies to Summoner Spells and item actives, similar to how the special CDR did before
- Bonus mana will now be converted to health at a 40% ratio. Bonus mana regen is converted to health regen at a 100% ratio.
- Spellthief’s Edge, Steel Shoulderguards, Relic Shield, and Spectral Sickle will be disabled. The gold penalty for killing minions given by these items far exceeds any value you would normally get for building these items, especially when considering that a portion of gold is already shared with minion kills on URF.
- The runes Lethal Tempo and Ultimate Hunter will no longer be disabled
Bugfixes / QoL Changes
- LEAGUE CLIENT: Receiving a game invite will now play a sound if you have another invite pending
- When a player is flagged as AFK/Leaver at the end of any Ranked game, they will be notified that their LP will be reduced; this applies to both wins and losses. The other players in the lobby will be notified that the flagged AFK/Leaver player will receive less LP over their next several games. If a player would exceed 100 LP, but would fall back below 100 LP after the penalty is applied, they do not promote.
- Shyvana’s W – Burnout would not apply the AP ratio for additional movement speed when in her dragon form
- Goredrinker and Ceaseless Hunger’s Mythic Passive would not grant additional 5 ability haste for each Legendary item in the player’s inventory
- Fixed a bug where an attack empowered by both Sheen and Essence Reaver would not grant mana back from Essence Reaver
- Items that do damage to enemies can now properly trigger the execute from The Collector
- The Collector’s execute will now properly trigger on targets with Death’s Dance
- Eclipse and Syzygy’s omnivamp will now properly work even after being upgraded by Ornn’s Passive – Living Forge
The SFX that plays when a player acquires a Dragon Soul will no longer replay if that player kills a Red Brambleback or Blue Sentinel
- The Dragon Soul VFX no longer disappears on death and reappears after the player kills a Red Brambleback or Blue Sentinel
- Imperial Mandate’s Coordinate Fire passive now properly goes on cooldown for 6 seconds after on-champion slows and immobilizations
- Fixed a bug where if Smite was used before jungle monsters spawned, the cooldown would be longer than intended
- Gangplank has a new interface to upgrade his ultimate with Silver Serpents! Check it out while you’re in base, since no one ever forgets to buy their upgrades.