One of the most anticipated PlayStation 5 releases of 2021 has now implemented its first patch post-launch. Thankfully, this update resolves a lot of issues players were having, including an annoying Trophy bug.
Returnal’s launch has been about what players have expected out of the new third-person action-adventure title from Housemarque. Players have been praising the game highly since it released, and have noted that it does a phenomenal job at showcasing the true power of the PS5’s DualSense controller.
If you are still on the fence regarding purchasing then we recommend checking out our in-depth review of it! In the meantime, devs have released its first major patch following the game’s release worldwide. Here’s all you need to know about the changes within the new update.
Returnal update 1.3.3 patch notes
The new patch was implemented on May 5 and addresses an ample amount of issues players were running into since the game released. One, in particular, has been the burden of many, and this pertains to certain Trophies not being unlocked for completing particular actions.
- Read More: How to buy the new Sony X Nike PS5 shoes
This issue has been discussed heavily among players of the game, and Gamefaq forum user skrewuguys noted the following in regards to the bug: “I just beat the game. Didn’t get the trophies for any of the bosses, level 30 proficiency, any of the acts, and 5 parasites.”
Along with this fix, they have also resolved numerous stability issues and one issue relating to the healing affected players were experiencing when rested in Helios.
If there are bugs or glitches that you are encountering and are not mentioned in this patch, we can assume Housemarque will be addressing them later down the line.
- Read More: Leaker reveals when GTA 6 might be announced
Full patch notes below:
- Fixed an issue where certain Trophies might not unlock under specific gameplay conditions. Note: missing Trophies will need to be replayed to unlock.
- Multiple stability fixes addressing rare crashes/hangs.
- Fixed issue with pre-order suits occasionally blocking item collection and door opening.
- Fixed incorrect healing behaviour when resting in Helios.
- Configuration changes to increase the number of scout corpses available in all biomes.
- Fixed issues with certain custom controller mappings.
- Numerous minor fixes and improvements.