The Guided Missile and Fly Explosives LTM Feature in Fortnite’s V5.10 Content Update
The V5.10 Content Update for Fortnite Battle Royale introduces the Fly Explosives Limited Time Mode and brings the Guided Missile back from the vault.
Released on July 31, the update requires no downtime so is available to play immediately.
The Guided Missile, available in Epic and Legendary variants, has undergone some changes that should make it less powerful than it was previously.
The the fuse duration has been reduced from 18 seconds to 15 and the movement speed has been decreased from 1100 to 1000.
The damage that it does has also been reduced. Player damage is now 74/77 as opposed to 105/110, and structure damage is now just 400.
The Fly Explosives Limited Time Mode will see you take to the sky with Jetpacks and face your opponents with a variety of explosive weapons, including the new Guided Missile.
The full patch notes for the V5.10 Content Update can be found below.
This week kicks off with a new LTM, Fly Explosives. It’s all about jetpacks, explosives, and complete cartoon chaos. Take flight with your team and seize Victory Royale.
The Guided Missile is back from the Vault and dropping into Battle Royale this update! In its time away, the Guided Missile has been tweaked and tuned down as it was too strong upon its initial release.
Players in Save the World can now get their hands on the new Spyglass Sniper Rifle. It debuts in the Weekly Store August 1, at 8 PM ET.
Guided Missile (Battle Royale)
The Guided Missile returns from the Vault! Scan the battlefield from above, weave through obstacles, and rocket ride teammates into the action.
Fly Explosives (Battle Royale)
BOOM! The new Fly Explosives Limited Time Mode is here and it’s a blast for the whole squad. Use Jetpacks to fly above your foes and rain down in this explosives only game mode.
Spyglass Sniper Rifle (Save the World)
Husks don’t stand a chance against this newest addition to the Flintlock Weapon set. This powerful single shot sniper packs a punch, so hold on tight as you take aim and fire.
Wanting to track the top community issues? Head over to our Fortnite | Community Issues Trello board here.
LIMITED TIME MODE: FLY EXPLOSIVES
This mode combines the explosive fun of the High Explosives LTM and the vaulted Limited Time Item Jetpack. Take to the skies and blast everyone else back to the lobby!
- Only Explosive Weapons can be found in this mode.
- Floor Loot spawners will occasionally spawn Jetpacks.
- Fly Explosives Jetpacks have increased fuel regen rate & decreased burn rate compared to Default Jetpacks, to keep pilots in the sky a bit longer.
- Between-storm wait times have been reduced due to players needing less time to find adequate loot (avg. match length should be lower than 20m).
- Rocket Ammunition capped at 120.
- Profile Stats (K/D & Wins) are tracked in this mode.
LIMITED TIME MODE: PLAYGROUND
- The following weapons and items have been added to the Playground LTM only.
- Guided Missile
- Nameplates will no longer appear for members of the opposite team.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Guided Missile returns!
- Available in Epic and Legendary variants.
- Fuse duration reduced from 18 to 15 seconds.
- Movement Speed decreased from 1100 to 1000.
- Reload time increased to 2.4/2.2.
- Reduced player damage from 105/110 down to 74/77 damage.
- Reduced structure damage down from 1100 to 400.
- Explosions now damage structures with no regard for Line of Sight.
- Guided Missile can also be controlled via keyboard using the default movement inputs.
- The issues with Slurp Juice have been fixed and it can once again be looted in-game.
SAVE THE WORLD
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Spyglass Sniper Rifle added to the Weekly Store
- An accurate, high-powered, scoped sniper rifle with a single round per magazine that kicks like a mule.
- Available Wednesday, August 1 at 8:00 PM ET until Wednesday, August 8 at 8:00 PM ET.