One of the Limited Time Modes introduced in Fortnite’s August 15 V5.21 patch is a twist on the ever popular 50 vs 50 mode called “Soaring 50’s”.
The new LTM will incorporate many of the traditional 50 vs 50 features but feature “an extra emphasis on mobility”.
According to Epic Games, Soaring 50’s will allow players to re-deploy their Gliders “when falling from large heights”.
The full mode details from the patch notes are as follows:
- 50v50 loot, ammo and resource levels
- When in mid-air and greater than 10m up, press Jump to deploy your glider
- Added Impulse Grenades to chests at double the standard spawn rate
- Added Impulse Grenades to floor loot
- Decreased Spike Trap spawn chances
- Increased Launch Pad & Bounce Pad spawn chances
- Profile Stats (K/D & Wins) are not tracked in this mode.
With more Impulse Grenades, Bounce Pads and Launch Pads scattered around the map, you can guarantee that you’ll be catching a great deal of air time!
But what is the purpose of the new mode? Is Epic Games testing the possibility of re-using gliders during standard games or will this stay limited to Soaring 50’s?
The increased use of Gliders certainly increases mobility around the map, as shown in the clip shared by Auclyn on Reddit below:
— Fortnite News • FortniteINTEL.com (@FortniteLatest) August 15, 2018