The final event of Fortnite‘s Chapter 2, Season 1 is here, and with Valentine’s Day just around the corner, fans of the popular battle royale title can sink their teeth into the new Love and War event, which includes challenges, cosmetic rewards, and a special Limited Time Mode.
Fortnite fans are anxiously counting down the days until the end of the game’s longest season ever, with Chapter 2, Season 2 scheduled to kick off on Thursday, February 20, with a major update that players will be hoping introduces a host of changes after a period of time where little has happened in the game.
With two weeks to go, Epic Games have added the Love and War event to the game as a final farewell to the current season, giving competitors one final opportunity to earn some special cosmetics while enjoying the new Search and Destroy LTM that has appeared in the game for the first time.
Search and Destroy LTM
Anyone who has played Call of Duty will be well aware of the Search and Destroy mode, which makes its first appearance in Fortnite as a Limited Time Mode. Teams of six group up to either plant at or defend bombsites, with respawns turned off and resetting at the end of every round.
Players earn gold by eliminating enemies, planting or defusing objectives, or just surviving the round, which can then be used to purchase weapons, shields, and additional building materials.
Each match has a limit of seven rounds, with the first team to win four declared the winner.
Love and War challenges
Playing Search and Destroy means you can also complete the special Love and War challenges. Some also require players to compete in normal Battle Royale matches, but none are particularly difficult so you shouldn’t have too hard a time finishing all 12 and earning some major XP rewards and cool cosmetics.
You can view all 12 of the Love and War challenges below.
- War: Play 2 Search & Destroy matches
- War: Plant or Defuse a bomb in 2 Search and Destroy matches
- Love: Place top 15 in 5 Duos or Squads matches with a friend
- Love: Purchase 5 items from vending machines in Search & Destroy matches
- Love: Heal a teammate with a Bandage Bazooka
- War: Eliminate opponents in 5 Search & Destroy matches
- War: Eliminate 3 opponents or revive 3 teammates in a single match
- Love: Earn 2500 Gold in Search and Destroy matches
- Love: Thank the Bus Driver in 7 different matches
- War: Purchase a common item from vending machines in Search & Destroy matches
- War: Deal 1000 damage to opponents
- Love: Gain 500 Health or apply Shields
Completing these challenges earn players special love-themed rewards, with skins, wraps, emotes, and more all added to the game to get players into the romantic spirit in the build up to Valentine’s Day.
Epic Games have yet to confirm an end date for the Love and War event, but with Chapter 2, Season 2 scheduled to begin on February 20, it’s highly likely that this event will end at the same time as the current season.
The Love and War event and Search and Destroy Limited Time Mode are both currently live in-game, so hop into the action and start ticking off challenges.