Epic Games might have had a few quiet weeks in Fortnite, but a shed load of new content has been added to the game with patch v11.30. Here’s everything we know about the game’s latest major update.
The game’s developers have set the standard in the battle royale market, keeping the experience fresh with weekly updates usually packed with map changes, new skins, challenges and more to keep people occupied.
Compared to previous seasons, the stream of new content has been rather slow since the debut of Fortnite Chapter 2, but it appears that Epic were just saving themselves for the festive season.
At least, everything included in the new patch seems to suggest that.
New features aren’t the only thing included in the update, though, as a number of nagging issues and bugs that have been reported by the community have finally been put to rest.
According to the game’s official blog post, four problems with the Battle Royale game mode have been addressed in the update, including Magma Wrap looking different to what was intended on certain weapons.
A full list of fixes can be found below for general gameplay and the BR mode itself.
- Introducing Split Screen.
- Play Duos and Squads with a friend on the same PlayStation 4 or Xbox One.
- This is an early release of Split Screen; we will continue to improve the feature. Please report bugs via the in-game Feedback tool.
- Preview what’s in the Item Shop using your mobile device.
- With Party Hub, you can now preview what’s new in the Item Shop before loading into the game.
- To do this, open Party Hub, swipe right, and tap “Preview Items.”
- Increased the daily Item Shop gifting limit from 3 to 5.
- Changed Ammo Indicator.
- Now a visual representation of remaining ammo number rather than a solid bar.
- You can now choose when to transition from the “Eliminated By” screen to the end-of-match XP screen.
- To transition to the end-of-match XP screen, press “Continue” on the “Eliminated By” screen.
- Made preparations for the Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker live event at Risky Reels on December 14, 2 PM ET.
- Resolved an issue involving the Safe Zone setting on Xbox One returning to 1.00 upon each login.
- Resolved an issue involving some trees and metal fences in Arena not granting the correct material increase.
- The Magma Wrap now appears correctly on the Bandage Bazooka and Pistol.
- Resolved an issue involving the Bandolette Outfit appearing to have two hairstyles merged together.
- Resolved an issue involving some items from the Twin Turntables set appearing grainy and pixelated.
- The Social menu Friends List on mobile devices no longer auto-scrolls to the top when players try to scroll down.
- Resolved an issue involving players’ Quick Bar being inadvertently defaulted off on mobile devices.
Now that we’ve got the fixes and tweaks out of the way, let’s talk about what’s changed in-game and there’s a lot to unpack. The update, which was 5.36GB in size, has brought a whole host
What’s changed with the Fortnite v11.30 patch?
The map is white!
There had been leaked information which suggested a full map of snow is coming soon and while we might not have reached that point just yet, it’s certainly close to being fully covered.
Now, we’re not sure how the weather works in the world of Fortnite, but it appears that large sections of the map are covered in the cold white stuff, while other areas have been left untouched for now. It only looks a matter of time.
Sneaky Snowman has returned, with a spin
The Sneaky Snowman item, which was first added to the game during last year’s holiday event, is now available to find once again in Fortnite Chapter 2. This time, though, it works just like other items around the island that you can hide in.
You can drop the snowman on the ground and interact with it to hide, or knock it down to size and turn it into a snowball – as seen below. The snowball deals damage, too.
New Shiver Inn landmark
At the beginning of Fortnite Chapter 2 players were introduced to a whole lot of new landing spots, some of which will have probably become their favorites right now, but another one has been added to the mix.
Don’t be surprised to see a brand new ice hotel in the southeast side of the map! The Shiver Inn has arrived.
Further weapon and item changes
These aren’t the only things to have been added to Fortnite Chapter 2, though, as a number of new weapon and item tweaks have also been made by Epic Games. The following have also been introduced in patch v11.30.
- Block of Coal
- Hunting Rifle
- Snowball Launcher
- Tactical Assault Rifle
- Ice Machines (similar to Vending Machines)
So, there you have it! Those are all of the changes we have found so far in the Fortnite v11.30 patch. If you would like to explore the map and see if you can find anything else, hurry up and take a jump from the Battle Bus yourself.