Fortnite Battle Royale players are about to be welcomed by Venom from the Spiderman series in update v14.60, and here’s the unofficial patch notes for what’s changed.
This week was always expected to bring about some changes relating to the impending arrival of Marvel supervillain Galactus, and the long-teased ‘Nexus War’ finale.
Epic Games finally announced the new update on November 17, rolling it out a day later, and we’ve got a pretty good idea of everything included. Having gathered details from players, leakers, and steamers so far – let’s run through the unofficial patch notes for this week’s content refresh.
Fortnite v14.60 update patch notes
In the absence of official Fortnite update 14.60 patch notes, just like it has been for everyone else, it’s been a waiting game to see what developments to expect. One thing we do know for certain, however, is that Venom has finally arrived and the character’s skin looks enormous.
The character will have an ability called Smash and Grab.
New Battle Pass menu and Battle Bus
These updates always bring map changes, but this time it’s brought other tweaks that players will like to see. This includes an all-new Battle Bus and Battle Pass screen, as seen below from HYPEX.
According to iFireMonkey, the Stage 3 Battle Bus now looks very different – with a new Marvel look.
XP Xtravaganza Part Two
The second batch of XP Xtravaganza arrive this week. “Get the whole squad together and take on these party-wise challenges to finish out the Battle Pass in style,” Epic wrote in the unofficial Fortnite patch notes released to creators.
Houseparty x Fortnite video chat
A brand new crossover between Houseparty and Fortnite will allow players to video call while playing with their teammates.
In an official statement, Epic said: “Houseparty video chat will be available to Fortnite players on PC, PlayStation 5, and PlayStation 4. Players will also need an iOS or Android mobile device with the Houseparty app installed. With the app installed, connect your Houseparty account to your Epic Games account to get started.”
Once you have linked your Epic and Houseparty accounts, you will also unlock the Rainbow Fog Wrap – so it’s worth signing up for!
Taken from an official blog post to the Fortnite website, Epic Games detailed specific changes for Creative mode.
- You can now hide the Elimination Feed and mute Elimination Audio to encourage sneaky sniping!
- Updated the Hub Island portal layout to accommodate the recent updates to hub creator guidelines.
ISLANDS BUG FIXES
- Fixed an issue where the time of day lighting appeared differently on featured islands and personal islands.
- Added a new option to My Island > Settings
- Player Elimination Audio: Off, On (Default: On) – causes eliminated players to be despawned silently.
- Added new options to My Island > UI
- Hide Elimination Feed: Yes, No (Default: No) – completely hides the elimination feed during the game.
- Hide Party Eliminations: Yes, No (Default: No) – hides the number of eliminations for each party member in the Party UI during the game.
GAMEPLAY BUG FIXES
- Fixed an issue where an eliminated player could spectate a player on the enemy team.
- Fixed an issue where Team Size did not limit the number of players when Join in Progress was set to ‘Spawn Next Round’.
- Fixed an issue where the sky would flicker on PS4.
WEAPONS AND ITEMS BUG FIXES
- Fixed an issue where the X-4 Stormwing was de-synced after player interaction.
- Fixed an issue where husks did not fall off edges to follow players.
CREATIVE TOOLS AND PHONE BUG FIXES
- Fixed an issue where players could not open the Creative Inventory after cutting and pasting a device.
- Fixed an issue where the Creative Inventory appeared distorted when customizing a device.
PREFABS AND GALLERIES BUG FIXES
- Fixed a collision issue with the pillar wall asset from the Princess Castle Wall galleries.
- Fixed an issue with the bush from Winter Variant Foliage Gallery A having a yellow glow.
- Fixed an issue with a bridge girder asset from the Steel Bridge galleries being difficult to place with the phone.
- Fixed an issue with some of the Steel Bridge prefabs & galleries placing outside of the preview boundary.
- Fixed an issue with the bridge street asset from the Steel Bridge set having a misaligned grid snap box.
- Fixed an issue with assets from the Swamp Cliff Gallery displaying the wrong texture.
- Added new options to the Class Selector device.
- Activation Audio: On, Off (Default: On) – allows the audio effect played when a player changes class to be muted.
- Zone Audio: On,Off (Default: On) – allows the ambient audio effect for the zone and the audio effects for players entering and leaving the zone to be muted.
- Added new options to the Mutator Zone device.
- Selected Team: None, 1-16 (Default: None)
- Affects Team: Selected, All But Selected (Default: All But Selected)
- These two options replace the old Safe Team option to allow the zone to affect all teams (Selected Team = None), just the Selected Team, or every team except the Selected Team.
- Selected Class: None, Any, 1-16 (Default: None)
- Affects Class: Selected, All But Selected (Default: All But Selected)
- These two options replace the old Safe Class option to allow the zone to affect all classes (Selected Class = Any), players without a class (Selected Class = None), just the Selected Class, or every class except the Selected Class.
- Update Selected Team When Receiving From: No Channel, 1-150 (Default: No Channel) – sets the Selected Team on the device to be the same team as the player who instigated the signal.
- Update Selected Class When Receiving From: No Channel, 1-150 (Default: No Channel) – sets the Selected Class on the device to be the same class as the player who instigated the signal.
DEVICES BUG FIXES
- Fixed an issue with the Player Spawn Pad’s lighting being too bright on PS5 during mixed island filters.
- Fixed an issue where the Mutator Zone Class Selected option was offset by 1.
Fortnite 14.60 bug fixes
As per usual, the Fortnite team has also added a number of bugs and issues to their official Trello board. This week’s patch actually only has a few fixes included but will cover the battle royale, Creative mode, and even Save the World.
Here is the full list of bug fixes coming in v14.60:
- Disabled voice chat cannot be re-enabled on Xbox Series X/S.
- ‘Lock Input Method as Mouse’ does not lock the input method.
- Doctor Doom’s Mystical Bomb disabled in competitive playlists.
- Team Size setting does not properly function when Join In Progress is set to Join Next Round.
Save the World
- Wild West Llama not granting Steampunk weapon.