With the release of the v8.10 update, Fortnite Battle Royale has seen the return of the popular Getaway Limited Time Mode, and it will apparently include a set of challenges and rewards for players to complete and earn.
The Getaway LTM is a mode the involves numerous teams dropping in and attempting to locate and steal Jewels that have been placed at various point on the Fortnite map.
The team that manages to successfully locate a Jewel, carry it to one of the four getaway vans on the map, and manage to get away without being eliminated by an enemy team, secures a Victory Royale.
Aside from this primary objective, players can also try and complete certain challenges directly tied in with the LTM to unlock cool themed rewards.
There are a total of six challenges that players can complete, each one offering a unique cosmetic items as a reward. These challenges have been leaked ahead of their release and can be seen below, courtesy of prominent data-miner @s1l0x.
- Complete the Getaway Challenges (2) – Crowbar pickaxe
- Win a match of The Getaway (1) – Green Jewel back-Bling
- Win matches of The Getaway (3) – Red Jewel back-Bling
- Win matched of The Getaway (5) – White Jewel back-Bling
- Use the Grappler in different matches of The Getaway (5) – Getaway LTM loading screen
- Deal damage to Jewel carrying opponents (200) – Suited Up spray
- Pick up a Jewel in different matched of The Getaway (3) – Cash Flow contrail
The new Getaway challenges! pic.twitter.com/lraZc7sT50
— s1l0x (@s1l0x) March 12, 2019
Players who were around with the Getaway LTM was first introduced in Fortnite will notice that the rewards offered in this set of challenges are very similar to the ones that were offered then as well.
However, this time around, the Jewel back-blings are being offered in different colors than the blue one that was originally available back in September.
As of now, it’s not clear exactly when these challenges and rewards will be available in the Getaway LTM, but considering that the mode itself has already gone live, it won’t be long until the challenges do as well.
Until then, just play the mode to improve as much as you can so that these challenges will be a piece of cake to complete!