The Epic Games team launched content update V.4.4 on Tuesday, June 19th, introducing the Stink Bomb to Fortnite Battle Royale.
As per usual, the developers gave notice of the impending downtime the night before, but there had been limited details about what exactly the update would entail.
The weekly updates for both bug fixes and content are one of the reasons Fortnite has remained so popular, with an ever-changing landscape and new weapons and equipment keep things fresh.
Epic aren't afraid to try new things out either, and on Tuesday June 19th, the Fortnite community was introduced to the Stink Bomb.
Lasting for 9 seconds, the Stink Bomb deals 10 points of damage per second and can be found in floor loot, chests and vending machines.
One of the unexpected changes comes to Rocket Launches, with the ammo being limited to 12 that any one person can carry. It's believed this is beginning of a series of nerfs by Epic on the explosives within the game, ahead of their $100 million esports season.
Content Update V.4.4 Patch Notes
LIMITED TIME MODE: FINAL FIGHT: TEAMS OF 20
Survive the countdown! The Storm Circles give players more room to hunt down opponents. The final circle triggers a countdown timer; when the time is up, the team with the most players remaining wins. In this LTM, teams can tie for the Victory Royale!
- Final Fight plays similar to standard Battle Royale, but instead of the Storm circles closing all the way, the Storm stops after the 3rd circle.
- When the circles have finished closing in, the final countdown timer will begin.
- The remaining teams will battle it out until the timer expires.
- The team with the most players remaining at the end of the timer wins!
- In the event of a tie, the two (or more) teams tied for the lead win the match.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Stink Bomb added.
- Creates a stinky cloud that deals 5 damage every half-second within the cloud.
- 9-second duration.
- Epic rarity.
- Can be found from floor loot, chests, and Vending Machines.
- Loot in stacks of 3 with a maximum stack of 5.
- Increased the reload time of the Rocket Launcher based on rarity.
- Rare from 2.3 seconds to 2.8.
- Epic from 2.185 seconds to 2.66.
- Legendary from 2.07 to 2.52.
- The maximum number of unloaded Rocket Ammo that can be held has been changed to 12.
- Enemy built structures are no longer lit up by the thermal scope.
- Cozy Campfires are now lit by the thermal scope.
- Back Bling no longer appears detached from players at a distance.
- Fixed the two intersecting busses on the starting island.
- Fixed performance issues on Switch related to frequently called time functions during gameplay (especially when skydiving).
- Level streaming optimization to smooth out some hitches during skydiving on Switch.
- The music for the Fresh emote has been re-added.
- Fixed attenuation of Supply Drop opening sound so it doesn’t sound like it’s right next to players even if it’s opened far away.
- The Clinger explosion sound now plays properly if detonated directly next to you on iOS/Switch platforms.
- Added the “Net Debug Stats” HUD UI option for Xbox.
- Fixed a crash that could happen after buying items in the Item Shop.
- When using styleable outfits, your last saved version will always appear in the locker preview.