Epic Games has released the full patch notes for update v.4.3.0, and fans will be excited to see that not one but two limited time modes have been added.
Some may be disappointed to see that the ‘Playground’ practice LTM is not one of the new modes added, but that should be on the way soon.
For now, there is the return of the fan favorite ‘Blitz’ mode – which speeds up the whole match process, with faster storms, better loot and more high-paced action – and an entirely new mode which features five teams of 20.
- More: Data Miners Leak New Unreleased Skins, Back Bling and Pickaxes Coming to Fortnite Battle Royale
Blitz mode has been changed slightly from its previous version, adding new weapons and items like the port-a-fort, as well as lowering the physical height of the bus, to allow players to drop in faster. There is also squad options for Blitz, as opposed to solo only.
20v20 mode is even more exciting, obviously taking inspiration from 50v50 (which is likely the most popular LTM in Fortnite so far) it puts another twist on the standard Battle Royale, and should make players feel like they are part of a small army.
What is particularly intriguing about this mode is that all five teams of 20 will now have their very own battle bus when dropping in, “to make it easier to drop together.”
The patch notes also say that chests and supply drops will spawn extra ammo and consumables – presumably to share around your now larger team.
Check out the full information on the the two new LTM’s added in v.4.3.0 below.
LIMITED TIME MODE: BLITZ! V2
- Faster storms, more loot, exciting finishes!
- What’s New?
- Updated with all of the new weapons & items that have come out since Blitz was last released: Port-a-fort, Clinger, LMG & more.
- Bus flight height has been lowered to allow players to get into the fight more quickly.
- Mode Details
- The storm is already closing in at the beginning of the match, choose your landing spot carefully!
- Wait time between storms is significantly shorter than usual; maximum match length is 15 minutes.
- Increased chances of treasure chests spawning from 50-70% to 80-90%.
- Increased chances of ammo boxes spawning from 65-80% to 85-95%.
- Resource harvesting amounts increased by 50%.
- Increased materials found on ground from 30 to 75 per instance.
- Increased the number, spawn rate & descent speed of Supply Drops.
- All stats are counted in this mode.
LIMITED TIME MODE: TEAMS OF 20 V2
- Five teams of twenty players fight to the finish!
- What’s New?
- Each team now has their own bus, to make it easier to drop together.
- Chests & Supply Drops now spawn extra ammo and consumables.
- Mode Details
- Each team is composed of five squads of four players.
- Increased chances of treasure chests spawning from 50-70% to 60-80%.
- Increased chances of ammo boxes spawning from 65-80% to 75-90%.
- Supply Drops always come in batches of 5 instead of random amounts per Storm Circle. Supply Drop rate increased from 180 (+/- 30s) to 210 (+/- 30s).
- Teams of 20 has six Storm Circles instead of nine. Most matches will end within 20 minutes.
- All stats except for wins are counted in this mode.