A brand new World Cup mode has been released for the FIFA 18 title and is free to play for all those who already own the game.
The new DLC, called ‘2018 World Cup Russia,’ is meant to commemorate the 2018 FIFA World Cup that is due to be held in Russia during the month of June.
Officially launched early on May 29th, this new World Cup mode gives players access to loads of new game modes and content.
This is the second time that developer EA Sports have added such a mode, with the previous time being in 2014 when the last FIFA World Cup was held.
Here is the official description of the DLC, as provided by EA Sports:
AUTHENTIC 2018 FIFA WORLD CUP RUSSIA™ EXPERIENCE
Feel the excitement and drama of football’s greatest event with the authentic tournament experience through official FIFA World Cup™ elements, featuring all 32 qualified national teams, match balls, stadiums, and the iconic trophy – rendered in the Frostbite™ game engine for the first time.
The new mode adds to the game the 12 official Russian stadiums that will host matches during the 2018 World Cup, as well as numerous new licensed national team jerseys and brand new in-game faces.
The most important aspect of this DLC is the array of the numerous new online and offline game modes that the title’s vast player-base can now enjoy for free.
2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™
Revel in the epic tournament exactly how it will play out in real life. Choose from any of the 32 qualified nations and play through the authentic tournament structure, from the group stage to the final in Moscow.
Custom FIFA World Cup™ Tournament
This is your chance to rewrite history and enjoy a custom version of the World Cup with any country in FIFA 18. Select any licensed national team in FIFA 18, including Italy, USA, Netherlands, Chile and more and bring your FIFA World Cup dreams to life by creating your own tournament draw.
FIFA World Cup™ Kick-Off
Jump into an offline match solo or with friends using official teams, players, kits, and authentic stadium atmospheres from the FIFA World Cup.
FIFA World Cup™ Ultimate Team
Play FIFA’s most popular mode in the new, exciting FIFA World Cup™ Ultimate Team experience. Build your dream international squad with stars from all 32 qualified nations plus legendary FIFA World Cup™ ICONS.
- All-New ICONS: FIFA World Cup Ultimate Team will feature some of the most iconic players from the tournament’s history.
- Chemistry System: Link your favorite international players; instead of clubs and leagues, nationalities and confederations will be key chemistry components to consider when building and organizing your squad.
- FIFA World Cup™ Player Pool: Featuring up-to-date squads from every qualified nation with refreshed ratings, [RA1] you’ll have everything you need to build your international dream squad.
- Dynamic Items: Built to match real world performance, these items will update based on the performances of players who stood out on matchday, with upgraded stats, ensuring a fresh and relevant experience for the entire tournament.
- Double Pack Incentive: For every Standard or Premium pack you purchase in FIFA World Cup Ultimate Team, you will receive equivalent pack value in FUT 18.
- Ultimate Team Game Modes: Experience several exciting ways to play with your international dream squad.
- Single Player and Online Tournament
- Single Player & Online Draft
- Squad Building Challenges
Players can enjoy this new DLC by simply updating their FIFA 18 game on their Xbox One, PS4, and PC platforms.
For full details regarding the new World Cup mode, you can visit its official page on the EA Sports website.