Japanese ad and rumors suggest Hero could be released for Smash Ultimate during Evo finals - Dexerto
Esports

Japanese ad and rumors suggest Hero could be released for Smash Ultimate during Evo finals

Published: 26/Jul/2019 21:54 Updated: 27/Jul/2019 0:13

by Michael Gwilliam

Share


As everyone anxiously awaits the arrival of Hero from Dragon Quest to Super Smash Bros Ultimate, a display at a 7/11 in Japan has revealed a possible release date at an interesting time. 

Twitter user PushDustin uploaded a photo of a 7/11 display for Fire Emblem and Hero. It says that Hero will be released in the summer, which was already confirmed, but the interesting thing is that the display is only until the 4th of August. 

Evo is the biggest fighting game tournament of the year and Super Smash Bros Ultimate is going to be headlining the Sunday primetime slot on August 4.

If Hero’s release announcement is planned for the 4th, it would make sense for it to be during the Smash Bros finals at Evo. It’s unlikely it would happen earlier on at the event, because as we’ve previously reported, PlayStation will be sponsoring Evo and 8 of the 9 titles are presented by PS4.

Previously, Nintendo uploaded a video hyping up its July releases and included Hero’s arrival in Smash as part of it. The company quickly edited the video’s title and changed July to summer. 

It’s possible that Hero’s release date was in fact intended for August.

Hero was unveiled alongside Banjo and Kazooie as the next two downloadable characters for Smash Ultimate.

The Dragon Quest character has already undergone some changes since his reveal. In a column, the game’s creator, Masahiro Sakurai, said that the amount of MP – Magic Points – the Hero uses for attacks have changed. 

NintendoCould Hero be released during the Evo 2019 finals?

Magic points deplete whenever Hero uses a spell during a battle. It’s unknown if he can regenerate them during a match. 

If Hero’s release is announced at Evo it would be guaranteed to get a lot of fans in attendance hyped up. Super Smash Bros will have the most participants at Evo this year with nearly 3,500 players vying to win it all. 

Evo starts August 2, 2019 and will run until August 4 at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino in Las Vegas. 

CS:GO

CSGO Player Ditches ENCE for Military | Richard Lewis Reacts to Sergej’s Exit

Published: 27/Nov/2020 23:58 Updated: 28/Nov/2020 3:12

by Bill Cooney

Share


The loss of Jere “sergej” Salo to military service could be very bad news for Finnish esports org ENCE’s prospects “for the rest of their sorry existence,” according to Richard Lewis.

ENCE started out as a genuine underdog story from Finland, a region that has definitely contributed its fair share of great players to professional Counter-Strike over the years.

When Sergej joined the team at 16 he was already one of the standout players on the roster, and helped ENCE compete as one of the top teams in the world. But, the cutting of Aleksi ‘Aleksib’ Virolainen in early 2020 sent the team into a “death spiral,” according to Lewis.

“He [sergej] looks to have gone into a terminal slump, I mean he’s barely scraping a one rating on HLTV.” Lewis said. “He clearly wants out, and then you hear the news that he’s being benched with immediate effect because he wants to go do his national service in Finland and get it out of the way now.”

Finland requires 3-6 months of compulsory military service for eligible males, however, it is possible to defer or put it off if you play esports, which is what many Finnish pros do, choosing to wait to do it until later.

For sergej to want to go and complete his service at 18, after being one of the best young players in the world “tells you all you need to know about what is going on in ENCE right now,” according to Lewis.