PewDiePie reveals what he would have done if his YouTube channel failed - Dexerto
Entertainment

PewDiePie reveals what he would have done if his YouTube channel failed

Published: 17/Nov/2019 2:05

by Brent Koepp

Share


YouTube king Felix ‘PewDiePie‘ Kjellberg opened up to his audience during his November 15 upload, and revealed what his plans were if his YouTube channel had not succeeded, while also taking shot at ‘Zoomers’ for depending too much on their parents. 

PewDiePie is the undisputed king of YouTube with over 102 million subscribers and rising. However, the online personality came from humble roots in Sweden, where he initially was attending university to study Economics, before pursuing a career in entertainment.

The Swede has been open with fans before about his past, detailing in previous interviews how he was worked at a hot-dog stand to pay for his bills when initially starting his YouTube channel. The YouTuber even revealed that he once applied to work for Minecraft dev Mojang.

However, during his latest video, Felix revealed what he would have ended up doing had his YouTube career not panned out, while critiquing ‘Generation-Z’s’ “entitled” behavior, and expecting their parents to bail them out.

tsuki.marketThe Swede is the largest YouTuber in the world, with over 102 million subscribers.

PewDiePie’s YouTube backup plan

The popular personality told his audience that before he started his YouTube career, he realized he no longer wanted to continue his education at university  “When I didn’t want to go study the thing I was studying at school, I had a good degree, I had a good future,” he said. “But I didn’t like it. It wasn’t for me.”

The Swede then explained that in order to do that, he had to take responsibility for his decision. “I got a job and I did both,” he said. “And if YouTube wouldn’t have worked out after a year, I think I said I was going to take a year, I would have just one back to school.”

He then took his aim at Zoomers, who he argues depend too much on their parents. “But these kids are depending on their parents. And for some reason the parents are paying for it!” he exclaimed.

The YouTube king then continued his rant, criticizing the generation below him, and said, “Then they become entitled by the whole thing. It’s embarrassing to watch!” before explaining why them obsessing over wanting to be famous is “useless.”

(Timestamp 19:05 for mobile users.)

PewDiePie continues to have one of the best years of his life, reaching his 100 million subscriber milestone on August 14, marrying his best friend Marzia ‘CutiePie’ Bisognin only a fews day later on the 19th, and moving to Japan in October.

The popular YouTube star made his return to gaming in June, when he launched his wildly popular Minecraft series, and continues to put out successful reaction videos.

Fans are no doubt breathing a sigh of relief that the YouTube king decided not to give up on his video-creating career, otherwise they wouldn’t have the Pewds they know and love today.

Entertainment

PewDiePie hits out at company over KSI Meme Review copyright claim

Published: 25/Nov/2020 21:25

by Brent Koepp

Share


Popular YouTuber Felix ‘PewDiePie’ Kjellberg was stunned after a company copyright claimed his Meme Review with JJ ‘KSI’ Olatunji. The Swede lost all the revenue for the upload due to their awful performance of “My Heart Will Go On” from Titanic. 

On November 22, PewDiePie teamed up with fellow YouTube star KSI for an epic Meme Review. The duo tackled everything from British culture to Olatunji’s boxing match with Logan Paul.

Kjellberg later revealed on Instagram that the popular video had been copyright claimed by a company. The personality called the move “bulls**t” after the corporation took all the revenue over their Titanic joke.

Screenshot of YouTubers PewDiePie and KSI playing instruments.
YouTube: PewDiePie
The YouTubers’ awful performance of My Heart Will Go On got the video claimed for copyright.

PewDiePie & KSI’s Meme Review copyright claimed

PewDiePie’s Meme Review with KSI was a major hit on the platform, pulling in over 7.3 million views in just a few days. Fans of both YouTube creators were treated to a hilarious collaboration. However, the duo’s “attempt” to perform My Heart Will Go On on a flute and alpine horn caused the video to get claimed.

Kjellberg revealed the issue on his Instagram story on November 25. “So I got a claim on my KSI video. At the end, we played My Heart Will Go On,” he said, before playing a clip of their awful performance to demonstrate how absurd the claim was. “It’s too similar!” he joked.

It turns out the YouTuber had appealed the claim, but was denied. “So I appealed it, because its bulls**t why, and they rejected it! This is actually infringing on copyright according to this company!” he exclaimed, before breaking into laughter.

The 31-year-old explained that the company was now going to get 100% of the money made off the popular upload. “So all the revenue now goes to this company for the entire video. Like, what? Yeah, I just thought it was bulls**t, I don’t even know.”

The whole scenario is made all the more ridiculous when you consider that the Titanic joke was only a few seconds in a 26 minute upload. The fact that the company now gets to own the entire video is a good example how YouTube’s content ID system can sometimes be flawed.