Reddit User Leaks Potential ‘Blackout’ Battle Royale Information in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 – Weapon Rarity, Healing Options, Specialist Abilities, and Much More!
More possible information has been revealed regarding the ‘Blackout’ Battle Royale mode set to be included in the release of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4.
With Black Ops 4 set to launch on October 12th, only small amounts of information have been announced by Activision and Treyarch regarding the new ‘Blackout’ mode, even with a massive amount of hype from community members surrounding the topic.
Various potential leaks have made their way into the public eye regarding Blackout, including the claim that the mode will have 60 players, as opposed to other Battle Royale titles incorporating 90 players or more.
On July 17, a Reddit user by the name of Omnipotentem posted a supposed leak for Blackout on the Black Ops 4 subreddit page, which included claims about player count, health, weapon loot rarity, and much more.
The full post can be viewed below.
- “Largest map in Call of Duty history, but lots of focus on verticality. As seen in the teaser, the map features pieces of iconic maps from previous games. Nuketown is located in the middle of the map as an island, surrounded by water, set after the nuke is dropped. The layout and theme of Nuketown in Blackout is similar to that of Nuketown Zombies from Black Ops 2.
- Aiming for at very least 50 players, currently testing 64 players right now with plans to increase if possible.
- Health is 150HP, replenished via scavengable Medical Kits. Equipping scavenged Armor allows the player to take 1 extra shot, Armor Piercing Rounds will counter the effect of Armor.
- Limited Inventory slots, increased space via scavenged Backpacks.
- Weapon loot has rarity, depending on the rarity your weapon will have different attachments (Higher Rarity = Better/More Attachments). *Subject to change, there are currently talks about attachments being scavenged rather than rarity-dependent.
- Consumable abilities such as the Multiplayer Specialist Abilities. For example, Torque’s Portable Barricade with 1x use, Ruin’s Grapple Hook with limited uses, and Nomad’s Dog which can be commanded to follow the player or guard an area.
- Equipment such as the Recon RC, an RC-XD without explosives, can be scavenged and give the player an advantage. Currently, a Monkey Bomb equipment which doesn’t explode can be found, likely a placeholder for a Decoy Grenade.
- Land, air, and sea vehicles as seen in the teaser. The ATV is the only fully-functioning vehicle in the current build.
- The Storm/Gas mechanic is currently a simple visible wall that closes in on the map.
- While players simply parachute into the map. *Subject to change, talks of moving to a spawn-in system similar to Call of Duty: Online are happening.”
As of writing, it should be noted that nothing has been confirmed by Activision or Treyarch, with all leaks being speculation.
We will continue to provide more information as it is made available.