With the build-up to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare well underway, ‘leaks’ regarding multiplayer are becoming a much more regular occurrence. Though neither Infinity Ward or Activision have released any confirmed details, that hasn’t stopped leakers from seemingly beating them to the punch.
YouTuber TheGamingRevolution has previously reported information about the game’s killstreaks, an apparent battle royale mode, and changes to the competitive scene through the use of special ops. Now, the CoD content creator has apparently stumbled onto more information about multiplayer.
According to the YouTuber’s recent upload, Modern Warfare will have around 16 perks but did not give any details on possible pro versions. He also stressed that the names of these perks may change moving forward.
As of right now, only two names may be familiar to long-time Call of Duty fans - with Scavenger and Cold-Blooded seemingly making a return. Other perks that are listed have similar descriptions to a number of classic perks, however, their names are pretty different.
The full list of Modern Warfare perks reported by TheGamingRevolution is:
- Scavenger - Pick up ammo from bodies
- Cold-Blooded - Immune to UAV's
- Munitions - Replace secondary weapon with a primary
- High Alert - On-screen alert when an enemy spots you
- Tune-Up - Carry another lethal piece of equipment
- Restock - Recharges lethal and tacticals
- Double Time - Adds to the duration of sprinting
- Spotter - Highlights enemy equipment
- Battle Hardened - Reduce effects of flashbangs
- Heavy Metal - Earn killstreaks by using killstreaks
- Shrapnel - More damage with grenades
- EOD - Reduce grenade damage
- Hunter - See enemy footprints
- Warhead - Reload RPG quicker
- Bounty Hunter - Claim another player's killstreak towards your own
- Ghost - TBD
The YouTuber also claims that there will be perks that players can equip to weapons instead of a class - seemingly giving an extra situation-dependant boost to a gun.
A number of these weapon-specific perks have seemingly been used in previous games as traditional perks, with TheGamingRevolution even rattling off some classic descriptions. However, he also claims that the full list of these perks has not been set and only 10 can be named so far.
- Sleight of Hand
- Infinite Breath
- Mo’ Money
- Shrapnel Shots
Of course, all of this information is currently unconfirmed and solely stems from TheGamingRevolution’s apparent source within the game's development.
A number of details could very well change before the game’s multiplayer mode is premiered, never mind prior to the release date. Until then, it’s probably best to take things with a pinch of salt until official details are revealed - even though many of these perks do sound pretty plausible.
Neither Infinity Ward or Activision have stated when their Modern Warfare multiplayer reveal will happen, but considering the game launches on October 25, it can’t be too far away.
Until then, we can probably expect more and more ‘leaks’ as community members try their best at beating everyone else by claiming to have the inside track on Modern Warfare.