Activision and Infinity Ward have released the official roadmap for Modern Warfare Season Two which details all of the new content that will be released on day one and throughout the following weeks.
The highly-anticipated second season of Modern Warfare was finally officially revealed on February 10 after a plethora of leaks had surfaced about the new content in the days prior.
As with Season 1, this next chapter will be jam-packed with content that won't be all released at once; some of it will go live right on the first day, but the rest will be made available at various points throughout the season.
Modern Warfare Season 2 Roadmap:
There are plenty of highlights from the roadmap; there will be a combined five new maps added between multiplayer, Gunfight, and Ground War.
- Read More: Top 6 moments from CDL London
There will also be a bunch of new modes and playlists released, including a CDL Playlist that will feature the official Call of Duty League ruleset, albeit falling short of the ranked mode that everyone's been calling for.
Players will also be pleased to see that, in addition to the two new weapons released on day one, there will be a third "classified" gun added at some point during Season 2.
Modern Warfare Season 2 official trailer:
When does Modern Warfare Season 2 launch?
Modern Warfare Season 2 is set to be released on Tuesday, February 11 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. It will be launched as part of a massive update that will likely be rolled out around 10 AM PT / 1 PM ET.
What's being released on day one of Season 2?
There will be plenty of new content that's set to go live right on the first day of Season 2, including several new maps (two multiplayer, one Ground War, and one Gunfight), the return of Gunfight Tournament, a CDL playlist, the Ghost Operator, and two new weapons.
NEW MULTIPLAYER MAPS
- Rust - The classic map returns! A small map for fast-paced combat, Rust brings the battle to an oil yard in the middle of the desert. The site of the Modern Warfare 2 Campaign mission, “Endgame”, may be just that for players who don’t learn the tricks to master this arid field of play. Utilize the environment for cover and grab the high ground and low ground to take advantage of your enemies.
- Atlas Superstore - Go shopping in Atlas Superstore, a new Multiplayer map that takes place in a supercenter warehouse that has been taken over by Al-Qatala forces. Battle in dense lanes of traffic, over fallen shelving, and throughout the shipping, receiving, and employee-only areas. Clean up on aisle six!
NEW GROUND WAR MAP
- Zhokov Boneyard – A resting place for discarded airplane parts, Zhokov Boneyard is a Ground War map in Verdansk. Traipse through this airplane junk yard and avoid the turbulence of the enemy team while capturing your objectives.
NEW GUNFIGHT MAP
- Bazaar – A tightly contained cross-section of the streets of Urzikstan is turned into a battleground in Bazaar. Experience the tension-filled Gunfight while navigating a new zone of combat. The randomized Gunfight loadouts all have a chance to shine as the maps symmetrical layout offers opportunities for big moments and epic plays.
- Grau 5.56 - lightweight, maneuverable and full of potential.
- Striker 45 - hard-hitting and long-range SMG.
NEW MULTIPLAYER MODES
- Gunfight Tournament – Enter this single elimination 2v2 firefight and battle to earn rewards. 32 teams will enter, but only one can be crowned Gunfight Tournament champion. Gunfight Tournaments will be live for a limited time.
- CDL Playlist – Fight like the pros in this Call of Duty League ruleset playlist. In this playlist, the settings and available weapons, maps, and modes have been altered, so you can battle like the best of ‘em.
- Ghost - Simon “Ghost” Riley first originated in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and is a British special forces Operator and a commanding officer in Captain Price’s Task Force 141. He is an expert at clandestine tradecraft, sabotage, and infiltration.
What's being released throughout Season 2?
The rest of the content, and there's definitely plenty of it, will be going live at various points throughout Season 2, likely via weekly updates every Tuesday.
This includes another new multiplayer map, two Operators, several new modes for both MP and Gunfight, and a weapon that hasn't been revealed yet.
NEW MULTIPLAYER MAP
- Khandor Hideout
NEW MULTIPLAYER & GUNFIGHT MODES
- Infected Ground War – An outbreak has occurred in Ground War. Join up with your fellow Survivors to hold off the Infected horde until the time expires. Infected players will have limited loadouts but increased movement abilities, so be wary of their crafty play. If you do get infected, attack with the horde to assault and takedown any remaining Survivors in a large-scale match of Infected.
- NVG Reinforce – Battle under the cover of darkness in the NVG Reinforce playlist. Reinforce is a hybrid objective mode that blends elements of Domination with Search & Destroy.
- Demolition – Similar to Search and Destroy, this respawn mode pits two teams against each other with the objective of attacking or destroying bomb sites. The attacking team must destroy both bomb sites within the time limit to win the round. Decimating one bombsite adds to your time. Destroy, defend, and be mindful of explosives in Demolition.
- Gunfight Variants
Because there's no Season Pass or purchasable DLC model in Modern Warfare, almost all of this new content will be free to everyone on the three platforms at the same time.
The only exception will be the premium Tiers of the Battle Pass, which will cost 1,000 CoD Points to unlock. However, all of those items will be purely cosmetic and can't affect actually gameplay.