Call of Duty Mobile’s Season 5 update has arrived and we’ve got a complete overview to help get you up to speed. From returning maps to a brand new Battle Pass, here’s everything there is to know about In Deep Water.
After a month in the wild west with Season 4, CoD Mobile’s next big update is now upon us. With everything from new maps to new weapons all arriving as usual, there’s plenty to be excited about once again.
Ghost is back in focus, a new seasonal event has just started up, and you’ve got 50 Tiers to unlock in the latest Battle Pass.
Below is a complete rundown on everything there is to know about CoD Mobile’s Season 5 update.
CoD Mobile Season 5 release date & time
CoD Mobile Season 5 went live on Monday, June 28 at 5PM PT / 8PM ET.
After downloading and installing the latest patch, players were immediately able to access the latest content and dive right into the new season.
CoD Mobile Season 5 In Deep Water theme
🐟 🐠 ⛓
🐡 IN 🐋 ⛓
🦀 🦐 ⚓ pic.twitter.com/OaR26ciFiX
— Call of Duty: Mobile (@PlayCODMobile) June 23, 2021
After a sunny season in the Spurned & Burned update, CoD Mobile is now taking a dip underwater.
Season 5 is officially titled ‘In Deep Water,’ as an early teaser trailer showed weapons and ammunition floating through the sea.
It’s still early days yet so there’s no telling how big of an impact this focus may have throughout the full season, though we already have some aquatic-themed characters and events out of the gate.
CoD Mobile Season 5 In Deep Water Battle Pass
As expected, In Deep Water arrived with a brand new Battle Pass for players to grind through. Everything from new weapons to characters are featured through 50-tiers of both free and premium content.
Highlights in the free track include a K9 Unit Operator Skill at Tier 14, the new CR-56 AMAX Assault Rifle at Tier 21, and plenty more.
Meanwhile, for the premium track, players can unlock new weapon Blueprints for a variety of guns, along with an assortment of new characters.
CoD Mobile Season 5 brings more Modern Warfare maps
One of the first official Season 5 reveals locked in three new maps for CoD Mobile. Suldal Harbor, Docks, and Aniyah Incursion are all arriving in CoD Mobile’s fifth season. All three are from 2019’s Modern Warfare, having landed across various seasons during Infinity Ward’s latest release.
Suldal Harbor is a direct remake of Harbor from the very first CoD title and is fit for most standard playlists. Docks is a smaller map in comparison, designed from the ground up for 2v2 Gunfight modes instead.
Last but not least, Aniyah Incursion is another regular-sized map built with 6v6 objective play in mind.
CoD Mobile Season 5 Sea of Steel event
Staying in line with the Season 5 theme, Sea of Steel is the first limited-time event that kicked things off in Season 5. Similar to previous in-game takeovers, this event forces players to pick a faction and fight on behalf of their team.
Completing various objectives, daily tasks, and capturing nodes on the LTM map will all help on your way to an overall victory in Sea of Steel. Of course, expect plenty of exclusive rewards for your efforts along the way.
CoD Mobile Season 5 full patch notes
Season 5 events
- 06/29 – 07/01 ~ Grind Baby, Grind! (MP)
- 06/29 – 07/05 ~ Rapid Fire (MP)
- 06/29 – 07/08 ~ Suldal Harbor 10v10 (MP new map)
- Plus a Suldal Harbor 24/7 playlist!
- 06/29 – 07/07 ~ BR Tank Battle (mode)
- 06/29 ~ Two New Seasonal Challenges
- 06/29 ~ Credit Store Update
- 07/02 – 07/08 ~ Cranked: Confirmed (MP)
- 07/02 – 07/15 ~ Rising Tides Draw
- Decreased damage range when the PP19 is equipped without attachments
- Decreased damage range when the PP19 is equipped with Monolithic Suppressor or OWC Marksman
- Decreased damage when the QXR is equipped without attachments
- Increased the damage multiplier to the chest when the QXR is equipped without attachments
- Slightly increased bullet spread when the QXR is equipped without attachments
- Decreased the damage multiplier to the chest when the QXR is equipped with Enhanced Bolt
- Slightly increased vertical recoil when the QXR is equipped with Enhanced Bolt
- Decreased damage range when the QXR is equipped with Monolithic Suppressor or OWC Marksman
- Slightly increased damage range when the ASM10 is equipped without attachments
- Increased ADS Speed when the ASM10 is equipped with OWC Ranger or OWC Marksman
- Slightly increased ADS Speed when the Locus is equipped with OWC Skeleton Stock.
- Increased ADS Speed when the AGR556 is equipped
- with MIP Extended Light Barrel, OWC Marksman or RTC Steady Stock
- Slightly decreased HP of the Hawk X3
- Hawk X3: continuous firing will reduce accuracy
- Fixed a bug where player vision can pass through the wall in a specific location in Tunisia
This six-part seasonal challenge asks you to complete a variety of different tasks in Multiplayer, like using flashbang grenades and utilizing certain perks while getting kills in matches.
- (Uncommon) FR. 556 – Helm
- (Rare) Sticker – Piranha Crunch
- New Perk – Gung Ho
- (Rare) Cordite – Cut Wave
As you might expect based on the name, this seven-part Seasonal Challenge is entirely focused on Battle Royale and just showing you can consistently get into the top.
- (Uncommon) Mechanic – Helm
- (Uncommon) Clown – Helm
- (Uncommon) Outlaw – Helm
- (Rare) M4 – Cutwave
Credit Store Update
- Cluster Grenade – Eyes in the Dark (1.5K credits)
- Parachute – Rust Trim (2k credits)
- Knife – Droplets (3k credits)
- (Epic) ICR-1 – Crimson Knife (20k credits)
- Tactical Grenade – Gas Grenade (2k Credits)