Several balancing adjustments have been made to weapons in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Multiplayer, and we’re here to make sure you’re caught up on all of the changes.
The v1.19 game update for Black Ops 4 went live on June 25, adding new content and making some changes to Multiplayer, Zombies, and Blackout battle royale.
Included in the update was weapon tuning for several of the guns in the game that Treyarch believed needed some adjustment to better improve their overall balance.
One of the biggest aspect of this update was that it changed the ballistic profiles on SMGs and pistols to hitscan, in order to “create consistency with other weapon classes in Multiplayer.”
This means that bullets fired from SMGs and pistols will no longer take time to travel to their target, but rather will make impact immediately after being shot.
The Saug 9mm, along with every other SMG and pistol, will now have a hitscan ballistic profile.
Two SMGs have been nerfed as part of this update – the Daemon 3XB and Switchblade X9, both of which were added after the game’s released and had to be unlocked via the Contraband stream.
The Daemon will now require at list six bullets to finish off a target at full health, increased from five, but a third extra magazine has been added to balance that nerf.
As for the Switchblade, the kill range for six, seven, and eight shots have each been reduced by 6 meters, making the gun considerably less viable at each range.
The Switchblad X9 SMG has been heavily nerfed in the v1.19 update.
In addition to the details on the weapon tuning, make sure to catch up on everything that was in today’s update by checking out the June 25 v1.19 Black Ops 4 Patch Notes.
- Ballistic Profiles
- Ballistic profiles on SMGs and pistols changed to hitscan to create consistency with other weapon classes in Multiplayer.
- MOG 12
- Dragon Breath Operator Mod damage reduced to increase pellets required for a one-shot kill at long range.
- Daemon 3XB
- Now requires at least six bullets to finish off a target with full health (up from five).
- Added a third extra magazine.
- Switchblade X9
- Reduced 6-shot kill range from 19 meters to 13 meters.
- Reduced 7-shot kill range from 25 meters to 19 meters.
- Reduced 8-shot kill range from 31 meters to 25 meters.
- Ballistic Knife
- Addressed an issue preventing players from using Dual Wield and Extra Blades at the same time.