Steam Deck order tracking: How to check your order status
With the Steam Deck OLED, and the tonne of cheap LCD models available, how exactly do you track your Steam Deck order? We break it down.
Getting your hands on a Steam Deck OLED isn’t as complicated as it once was. Reservations have long since been a thing of the past, so as long as both the 512GB and 1TB models are in-stock, ordering and keeping track of your new handheld is a straightforward process.
That being said, with the array older LCD models also available on the Steam storefront, it can be a daunting process purchasing your new favourite gaming handheld and keeping track of where it is. Yet, once you know where the tracking lives, it’s super easy to get there. Here’s how.
How to order a Steam Deck
- Log in to your Steam account and head on to the Steam Deck section.
- Select the version you want to purchase.
- Select between ‘purchase for myself’ and ‘purchase as a gift’
- Enter address details and confirm payment method
- Review purchase and confirm order
Once you receive the invoice, you can check the status of the order from here.
Checking the Steam Deck order status can be done from within Steam itself. All you need to do is follow these simple set of steps to get a brief idea:
- Log in to the Steam desktop app, the website, or the app.
- Go to Account Details and once there, you’ll see the option for ‘Purchase History’. Click this and it’ll take you through to your embarrassingly long list of games you never played. It’ll also house your Steam Deck order.
- Once you’ve located the particular order, you’ll be able to press ‘View shipment details’. This will take you through to the information and tracking number provided by Valve.
- Orders can take up to about two weeks during busy periods, so expect that until the end of the holidays.
So, there you have it! That’s the official way of confirming your Steam Deck order status. We’ll update the guide if Valve makes some announcements, so make sure to check back regularly.