The character in question is popular Nimbus side character Mallow, who was first added to Nintendo’s franchise in Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars.
Mallow already appears as a support spirit in Ultimate on the unlockable Magicant stage, but this fan of the RPG clearly wants to bring the cloud-based character into the fight properly.
The carefully crafted character concept by Rafael Santos, who goes by ‘raswhoever’ online, laid out all of Mallow’s potential moves, taunts, and animations, including weather-based powers that could paralyze enemies, summon lightning bolts, or create exploding snowballs.
- Read more: Pokemon character isn’t the strongest fighter, the idea was likely to make sure the concept character wasn’t too comically over-powered.
Santos also expanded on many of the attack descriptions, and revealed to Dexerto what he had titled some of Mallow’s potential special moves.
- A – Two hits combo, based on Mallow default attack.
- Side Tilt – Punch foward using Sticky Glove, weaker version of Ganondorf’s Side Tilt.
- Up Tilt – Similar to Ivysaur’s Up tilt.
- Down Tilt – Low kick, like Zelda’s.
- Neutral Air – Multihit move using the Rocky Candy, like Pikachu’s neutral air.
- Forward Air – Use the Froggie Stick, has Meteor effect.
- Up Air – Strong lighting attack.
- Down Air – Multiple hits like Peach’s down air.
- Back Air – Explosive lighting blast.
- Dash – Multiple hits, like Luigi’s dash.
- Foward Smash – Use the Cymbals dealing 2 hits, if charged uses Sonic Cymbals.
- Up Smash – Use the Whomp Glove, Similar to Simon’s Up smash.
- Down Smash – Attack from both sides, like Wii Fit Trainer’s down smash.
- Grab – Long-range grab.
- Neutral B – Thunderbolt.
- Side B – Shocker.
- Up B – Recover Cloud.
- Down B – Snowy.
Overall, the concept art was fairly well-received, and many fans expressed their disappointment that more Smash Bros RPG characters wouldn’t be added to Smash considering Nintendo doesn’t completely own the rights to the title.
- Read more: Hungrybox explains why he mains Jigglypuff
“There are so many fun characters and worlds to revisit,” the Smash fan said. “Everyone focuses on Geno and Mallow, but I also wanna see Booster, Belome, the Axem Rangers, Valentina, Croco, Exor, Jonathan Jones, Frogfucius, and Boshi in video games again.”
While Mallow may not be coming into the game as a playable character any time soon, other popular video game stars have been announced for the upcoming DLC fighter pack.
Fatal Fury’s Terry Bogard was confirmed earlier this month, and famous N64-era duo Banjo-Kazooie joined the ever-expanding roster in the same week. The developers have also confirmed some fan requests, like Dragon Ball Z’s Goku, will never be added to the game.