A new update for Red Dead Redemption 2 and Red Dead Online was released by Rockstar Games on December 11. Here’s everything you need to know.
The 1.04 Red Dead patch, which is available to download now for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One players, is around 1.5GB in size and focuses on a plethora of quality of life improvements and bug fixes.
Game crashes, bugs and stability issues, both in specific missions and general play, have all been addressed by the developers for both the offline story mode and online portion of the game.
If you want to know more about what has changes, you can find the patch notes for both Red Dead Redemption 2 and Red Dead Online below.
Red Dead Redemption 2 Story Mode / Offline
- Fixed an issue where the player could become stuck at 90% when loading an autosave made immediately after the mission ‘Country Pursuits’, if it was the only open mission
- Fixed an issue where players could become stuck on loading screen when trying to restart game after completing the mission ‘County Pursuits’
- Fixed an issue where players could become stuck at 90% when loading a save in Chapter 2, if they had set up camp near Horseshoe Overlook after completing ‘The First Shall Be Last’
- Fixed an issue where players could become stuck at 90% when loading after loading an autosave or manual save
- Fixed an issue where players could lose access to all weapons and equipment in their weapon wheel after completing a mission replay in Guarma
Red Dead Online
- General stability improvements
- Fixed the issue where players removing an injured horse from the stables without healing it would result in the Scrawny Nag appearing when whistling for their horse
- Fixed an issue where players could not exit the house in the Mission ‘Love and Honor’
- Fixed an issue where players would be unable to load beyond 90% in the Red Dead Online beta unless they entered Story mode first
- Fixed an issue where players could become stuck at a black screen after a Posse leader quit the lobby in the mission ‘Love and Honor’
- Fixed an issue where players could crash to the Xbox Home screen when resuming from a suspended state after connecting to Xbox Live services
- Fixed an issue where players could be kicked from Rockstar game services with error 0x99395004 after completing part 2 of the mission ‘Honor Among Horse Thieves’
As is the case with the just about any major game release in the modern day, the ongoing development and improvement of Red Dead is a full-time job the folks at Rockstar Games.
On the plus side for them, the game has received major plaudits and already scooped up a number of awards, so they’re definitely doing something right.