For the first time ever an evolution themed event is coming to Pokemon Go. A special raid day will also accompany the event.
As the name suggests the event will be linked to evolutions. Pokemon that evolve in nontraditional methods will appear more in the wild, while species with unique evolutions will feature more heavily in Raid Battles.
The event will start on December 5, 1pm PST (4pm EST and 9pm GMT) and finish exactly a week later on December 12, 1pm PST (4pm EST and 9pm GMT).
- Pokemon that evolve in unique ways—such as Onix, Eevee, Roselia, and Burmy—will be appearing more often in the wild, in raids, and in Field Research.
- Take on raids against Pokemon with unique Evolutions, like Lickitung, Scyther, Togetic, and Ralts!
- Find more 2 km Eggs that will hatch into Pokemon such as Tyrogue, Feebas, Burmy, and Happiny.
- Event-specific Field Research tasks that reward Evolution items, which can help you evolve certain Pokemon, will be available.
- If you’re lucky, you may encounter a Shiny Burmy!
Meanwhile, there will be a special Evolution Event Raid day, too. This might be called a raid day but in reality it’s actually a three-hour window where the Kanto starter Pokemon will feature. Gyms will distribute five Raid Passes during the window, instead of the usual one.
The three-hour window for this special additional event is on December 7, 11am to 2pm in your local time zone.
- Encounter Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle in one-star raids.
- Encounter Ivysaur, Charmeleon, and Wartortle in two-star raids.
- Encounter Venusaur, Charizard, and Blastoise in four-star raids.
- Receive up to five additional Raid Passes during the Raid Day time period when you spin a Photo Disc at a Gym. These Raid Passes will not be available after the event period is over. You cannot hold more than one Raid Pass at once.
Did you know? Swinub, the Pig Pokémon, rubs its snout on the ground to find and dig up food. ? It sometimes discovers hot springs. It was also our featured #PokemonGOCommunityDay Pokémon in February! pic.twitter.com/O12ozwMXXO
— Pokémon GO (@PokemonGoApp) December 4, 2019
Of course, the event is supplemented by an array of bonuses as well:
- All Lure Modules will last one hour for the duration of the event, including the Glacial, Magnetic, and Mossy Lure Modules.
- 2× XP when evolving Pokemon
- Evolution items from raids
As we correctly predicted, this new event acts a precursor to the hugely anticipated Pokemon Go December Community Day. The final Community Day of 2019 will feature all the previous headliners from 2019, so it’s understandable trainers are so excited for it.