The Pokemon Go Adventure Week event is live now and along with it comes huge bonuses.
Lots of walking
The latest Pokemon Go event follows on from the Snoozing with Snorlax event which celebrated the announcement of the new Pokemon Sleep app. Unlike other Pokemon Go events, the Adventure Week focuses on walking which should hardly be surprising given its name.
Adventures are often associated with exploring and sometimes climbing. As a result, the features of this Pokemon Go event include rock-type Pokemon appearing more frequently in the wild and hatching from 2km eggs.
Adventure Week has started!
Earn 4× Buddy Candy
Visit new PokéStops and earn 10× XP on your first spin of each Photo Disc
Trainers who have Adventure Sync activated and walk 50 km during the week starting June 3 will earn 50,000 Stardust and 15 Rare Candies on June 10! pic.twitter.com/sf3qLL47S3
— Pokémon GO (@PokemonGoApp) June 4, 2019
Adventure Week features
There have been Adventure Weeks in Pokemon Go in both 2017 and 2018, also. Both had similar features – the 2019 events’ are as follows:
- Geodude, Rhyhorn, Omanyte, Aron, Lileep, Anorith, and other rock-type Pokemon will appear more frequently in the wild.
- Rock-type Pokemon such as Onix, Larvitar, Lileep, Anorith, and Shieldon will hatch from 2 km Eggs.
- Onix and other rock-type Pokemon will appear in raids
- Shiny forms of Onix, Lileep, or Anorith may appear if you’re lucky
What are the big bonuses?
Unlike most Pokemon Go events where bonuses such as egg hatching discounts and catch XP are added, the Adventure Week offers bonuses not usually seen. They are as follows:
- Earn 4× Buddy Candy – using Adventure Sync will maximize this bonus further
- Earn 10x XP on each PokeStop you spin for the first time
- Trainers who have Adventure Sync activated and walk 50 km will earn 50,000 Stardust and 15 Rare Candies!
Of course many Pokemon Go trainers don’t walk 50km in a week but at least now there is additional incentive to do so.
The event is live now and will conclude at 1pm PDT, June 11.
Elsewhere, the Pokemon Go June Community Day falls during this event on June 8.
The monthly event is headlined by Slakoth which in turn will provide the opportunity to catch the durable Slaking.