Mei and Sigma changes included in October 23 Overwatch PTR patch
A new patch for the Overwatch PTR dropped on October 23 and it contains an update for Mei, Baptiste, and Sigma along with bug fixes and some Workshop updates.
The latest PTR update isn’t massive, but it does contain a lot of updates for the Workshop along with changes that might be helpful to Mei mains.
Hero updates are also included for Sigma and Baptiste, along with a number of bug fixes for various heroes.
The hero update apply to Mei’s Ice Wall, Sigma’s Gravitic Flux and Baptiste’s Immortality Field, which will all now more heavily prefer edges over placing as far away as possible.
This should make it easier to place the abilities in the most effective spot – especially when it comes to Ice Wall.600[ad name=”article3″]
Bug fixes include a hilarious-sounding glitch that caused Ana’s legs to twitch when her Halloween Terror Pharaoh skin is equipped.
They also fixed a bug that caused Roadhog’s Chain Hook to sometimes incorrectly connect with Symmetra’s Teleporter, Ashe’s Dynamite, and Junkrat’s Steel Trap and Concussion Mine.[ad name=”article4″]
Also included in the update is a new gameplay option for High Precision Mouse Input which will allow Overwatch player’s to use their mouse’s native polling rate when determining exactly where to shoot.
A mouse’s polling rate is how often it reports its position to a computer and a higher polling rate can decrease the lag between when you move your mouse and when the movement shows up on your screen.
The full list of updates in the October 23 PTR patch are listed below:
New Gameplay Option: High Precision Mouse Input
Enabling this option will allow Overwatch to use your mouse’s native polling rate when determining exactly where to shoot. Note: There may be a slight performance cost to enabling this option.
New Workshop Features:
- Variable Renaming
- Increased number of allowed variables up to 128
- Autosave Preset
New Workshop Values:
- Custom String
- All Tank Heroes
- All Support Heroes
- All Damage Heroes
- Current Map
- Mei’s Icewall, Baptiste’s Immortality Field, and Sigma’s Gravitic Flux will now more heavily prefer edges over placing as far away as possible
- Fixed a bug that made it not possible to bind Left-Click to forward movement
- An appropriate error now appears when trying to accept a friend request after you have reached your limit
- Fixed a bug with spectating that caused “Next Player” and “Previous Player” controls to be reversed when using a controller
- Fixed a bug where sometimes explosion effects would not play for projectiles (like Pharah Rockets or Junkrat Grenades)
- Fixed an issue preventing the Balanced Mystery Heroes preset from including Sigma
- Fixed issues preventing Dummy Bots from being used in Elimination
- Fixed an issue preventing the Communicate action from working on Dummy Bots
- “Is Dummy Bot” now returns the correct value when given an argument other than “Event Player”
- Fixed an issue preventing ray casts from colliding with certain objects
- Fixed issues with certain colors not working properly with HUD Text, In-World Text, and Create Icon
- Fixed an issue preventing Set Objective Description from working
- Fixed some discrepancies with Point Capture Percentage between certain modes
- Fixed an issue preventing rules from being properly disabled if the player target was a hero
- Fixed an issue preventing Soldier: 76 dummy bots from being able to Sprint
- Fixed an issue preventing null entities returned from Ray Cast Hit Player from being equivalent to null
- Fixed an issue preventing Disallow Button from disabling the Interact Button
- Fixed a bug where accessing other menus while in the Workshop caused any recent unsaved changes to be lost
- Volskaya – Removed a gap in the walls near point B that allowed D.Va bombs to kill players behind walls
- Nepal: Sanctum – Removed a tiny gap in the windows near the capture point on Nepal: Sanctum that allowed D.Va bombs to kill players behind walls
- Fixed a bug that caused Ana’s legs to twitch when her Pharaoh skin is equipped
- Fixed a bug where the syringe would be visually missing in her Sleep Dart pistol after the first use
- Fixed a bug where Seismic Slam’s damage indicator was overlapping the reticle if a custom reticle was being used
- Fixed a bug that could cause the wrong icon to display in the kill feed when D.Va denies an enemy’s ultimate with her Defense Matrix
- Fixed a bug that could cause Moira’s Right-Click sound to be behind you rather than in front
- Fixed a bug where Chain Hook could sometimes incorrectly connect with Symmetra’s Teleporter, Ashe’s Dynamite, and Junkrat’s Steel Trap and Concussion Mine