Minecraft Monday is back with its ninth week of competitive action that pits top content creators against one another. Here’s all you need to know.
Friday Fortnite may be canceled until September but Minecraft Monday is still motoring on and it’s back for another week of chaotic action.
While there might be favorites going into this, anything can happen so it’s worth tuning in just to see all of the crazy things that will most likely occur. xQc and m0xy were able to take home the victory last time so let’s see if they can repeat.
Where to watch Minecraft Monday, Week 9
Minecraft Monday Week 9 will be broadcasting live on the official UMG Gaming Twitch channel where you’ll be able to tune in, or you can watch individual streamers broadcasting from their point of view.
The event is set to start at 4pm EST on August 19 (9pm BST, 1pm PT, 6am AEST – August 20) and will go on for several hours.
Participants for Minecraft Monday, Week 9
Many of the usual names you see in action are back again but there might be some names you don’t recognize. Here’s the complete list of everyone playing this week and what team they will be on.
- a6d and Captain Sparkles
- Ph1LzA and Traves
- Vikkstar and Skeppy
- Grandayy and DolanDark
- Fitz and SwaggerSoul
- Technoblade and JackSucksAtLife
- Bajan Canadian and JeromeASF
- FitMC and AlexRamiGaming
- Mizkif and Erobb221
- DanTDM and ThinkNoodles
- Papaplatte and BastiGHG
- Vader and Buddah
- BadBoyHalo and Dream
- xQc and m0xy
(Placement score is based on your teams placement)
- Eliminations: +10 Score
- Victory: +30 Score
- Top 2 Teams: +20 Score
- Top 3 Teams: +10 Score
- Surviving: +2 Score (Whenever a team is eliminated all other remaining teams earn +2 Score)
Note: Score for Placements, Surviving and Victory Royales is split between the teammates evenly if both are alive, otherwise those scores are awarded to the surviving teammate. (This will help reflect individual contribution to the team score. Who’s carrying who out here?!)
Minecraft Monday rules:
1. Cheating of any kind in Minecraft Monday is strictly prohibited and will result in a permanent ban.
- No cross-teaming. Your duo partner is your ONLY teammate.
- No “feeding” to help another team (purposely allowing another player to eliminate you earning them extra score)
- No modes or resource packs that grant unfair advantages.
- Acceptable mods: Optifine, Gamma Boost (so your viewers can see in dark places), and Lowfire.
- Default Textures and Resource Pack.
- Keep things simple and barebones.
2. Trash-talk is allowed, however, you must still conduct yourself respectfully.
3. Clout chase. Don’t be a sore loser and HAVE FUN!