League of Legends Patch 10.13 is here, and we don't even need to tell you at this point: Syndra and Aphelios have been nerfed again. Those aren't the only changes though, with plenty more updates being shipped on June 24.
League Patch 10.12 was a fairly hefty update, bringing with it a series of changes for the Rift elements, summoner spells, and dropping the long-awaited Volibear rework onto live servers for eager fans to get their hands on.
This time around, Riot is mainly focusing on balancing some of the more powerful champs, as well as beefing up some under-performing picks. These include Kog’Maw, Rakan, Yuumi, and plenty more. Here are all the details on LoL Patch 10.13.
AP Kog’Maw gets some love in League Patch 10.13
For League players who have been grinding away at Riot’s MOBA for half a decade or more, it may still feel like Kog’Maw’s domination in the bot lane was only yesterday. “Protect the Kog” team comps reigned in pro games and ranked.
Unfortunately, the wonder years of the bile-spitting Mouth of the Abyss are behind him; at least, until Riot drops new buffs for his ability power variant in LoL Patch 10.13. In the June 24 patch, Kog’Maw is set to get a big boost.
LoL devs are increasing Kog’s Caustic Spittle (Q) AP ratio from 50% to 70%, and tweaking his AP ratio for his ultimate Living Artillery (R) to 35%. This should return Kog’Maw to the bugs’ old days as an AP bot laner from 10.13.
Patch 10.13 rolls out champ select reporting & muting tests
Last month, Riot Games confirmed they were looking to take further action with players who “take game lobbies hostage” during champion select. These changes will be employed in the next patch, product lead Cody Germain revealed.
“We’re running a two-patch experiment (10.13 and 10.14) for champ select reporting and muting,” he said in a Riot dev post update. “We’ll start with NA and Korea around the time 10.13 launches, and expand our experiment scope as we go.”
Germain added players would know the live experiment had been enabled on their specific server during League Patch 10.13 due to a “one-time notification” that would appear in the champion select screen highlighting the new feature.
Here’s the full League Patch 10.13 notes, courtesy of Riot Games.
League of Legends Patch 10.13
Base attack damage growth decreased. Q Chakram reset removed for Epic Monsters; turret range indicators no longer visible in Spectator. R follow-up attack critical damage decreased.
Aphelios has not waned with the moons—instead, he’s been a persistent star in professional play. We’re toning down his overwhelming strength in objective control and his formidable contributions to fights from a safe distance in later stages of the game.
Q - CRESCENDUM, THE CHAKRAM
R - MOONLIGHT VIGIL
Base magic resist decreased.
Our snaky lady didn't lose quite as much as we'd have liked last patch, so we're walking (slithering?) back some changes. Bundled with the Conqueror changes, we’re hoping this follow-up will help Cass shed her skin.
E attack speed increased, attack speed duration increased.
Carefully nudging Mini Gnar in the right direction. We think his attack speed is a safe lever to bring up since he’s been struggling with a much wider range of fighter matchups
E - HOP
Base attack damage growth decreased.
Whether she's wreaking havoc in top lane or jumping around in her standard bot lane carry role, Kalista is an imposing force in pro play. We want this change to encourage players to rely more on her early power and will also take away some of her level scaling so she doesn’t gain as much from soaking up XP from side lanes.
Q damage ratio increased. R damage ratio increased.
Although his standard build has been doing well, AP Kog’Maw hasn’t been oozing much confidence recently. We’re bringing some enzymatic excitement for players to experiment with alternative builds around his AP.
Q - CAUSTIC SPITTLE
R - LIVING ARTILLERY
Q ability range increased.
Even with the specific marksman buffs he received earlier, Lucian’s been in a weak spot in the bot lane, mainly due to the fact that he’s often outranged by his enemies. Buffing his ability range so that he can dash back to the path of vengeance.
Q - PIERCING LIGHT
Bugfix on Umbra Blades cooldown. Passive now always procs against monsters.
Midturne, Topturne, Laneturne are all outpacing Junglturne in terms of effectiveness by a decent margin. We’re giving Nocturne more tools to clear out his camps quicker and hopefully bring his roles closer in power.
PASSIVE - UMBRA BLADES
Q damage and healing ratio increased. R shield now includes AP ratio.
Just like with Kog’Maw, we’re throwing the boy and his yeti some ability power to empower their alternative builds. This way to adventure! (Willump noises)
Q - CONSUME
R - ABSOLUTE ZERO
Passive health and mana items now retain previous health and mana percentages.
We’d like to make Ornn less of an easy blind pick in pro, so we’re knocking down his early item sustain to decrease his safety in lane.
PASSIVE - LIVING FORGE
W base damage increased later.
With a W that packs a bit more punch, Rakan can use this to play a more aggressive game while majestically dancing it out.
W - GRAND ENTRANCE
Base magic resist and attack damage increased.
Cautiously bringing up Ryze’s magic durability and damage so that he can rise up against his enemies in lane and get that last blast on pesky minions.
Q cost increased.
Following up from patch 10.11, we’re continuing to adjust Syndra’s power as we specifically target pro-facing changes. We're pulling out some sustained usage of Syndra's Q at early levels so she can't whittle down waves and champions as comfortably. Don't worry, though—the power is still hers to command.
Q - DARK SPHERE
Q cooldown decreased later.
Vi has been struggling to keep up with other junglers, so we're punching up her… punch! We’re hoping this will enforce her position as a mobile disruptor.
Q - VAULT BREAKER
R range for Maiden of the Mist’s leash decreased.
Making it so the Maiden leashes more responsively when Yorick exits a fight. We suspect this will be a small amount of power that skews towards the upper echelons of play where Yorick is currently weak.
R - EULOGY OF THE ISLES
E cost increased.
We have nothing but love for felines here, but this cat’s E costs are currently too easily solved with systemic mana increases. We’re afraid this chapter needs to be shut.
E - ZOOMIES
We’re happy with Conqueror’s current standing: a Keystone players gravitate to for elongated fights and utility for healing and DPS. That being said, we’ve been seeing the rune bleed into other archetypes and overrule its peers like Electrocute. As a result, we wanted to fine-tune the rune in a modest way where it maintained its intended strengths, so we’re shaving off some power to open up Keystone selection for a number of champions.
Guardian is overperforming after its recent buffs to consistency. Bringing the base shield value down back to before it was buffed.
Base post-mitigation damage storing decreased for ranged champions.
Death's Dance has been overperforming on ranged champions, although we think its utility as a defensive measure should still be within reach. Looking to tone down the effect on ranged champions to open up builds while still leaving the item as a viable option.
During patches 10.13 and 10.14, we're testing two new features to address game-ruining behavior in Champ Select. North America and Korea are up first, with other regions joining later during the test window. We've got an article explaining how these features work, but here's the quick version:
- Champ Select muting blocks messages from the muted player in Champ Select and the mute carries over in-game.
- For now, Champ Select reporting is only in place to collect data. After the experiment ends, we'll use that data to plan out further investment in this type of penalty system.
- Updated the names of Gangster Twitch, Mafia Jinx, Mafia Graves, and Mafia Miss Fortune to Crime City Twitch, Crime City Jinx, Crime City Graves, and Crime City Miss Fortune
- Miss Fortune's Q - Double Up now properly applies all on-hit effects like Press the Attack
- Miss Fortune's Q - Double Up now properly grants 2 stacks of Conqueror for her primary target and none for the secondary target regardless of whether Passive - Love Tap is applied or not
- Glacial Augment’s tooltip no longer references targets hit by Energized-empowered attacks
- Fixed a bug where Qiyana's Q - Elemental Wrath would not damage its target if Qiyana died before the ability landed
- Sylas no longer permanently gains health and increases in model size from successful kills with a stolen R - Feast from an enemy Cho'Gath
- Urgot's R - Fear Beyond Death's execute indicator no longer appears on enemies' health bars while the ability is on cooldown
- Zoe's E - Sleepy Trouble Bubble now properly applies its debuff on Baron regardless of where she casts it from
- Kai'Sa's W - Void Seeker now properly applies stacks of Passive - Second Skin on Baron regardless of where she casts it from
- When attempting to place a fourth ward on the map, the mini-map now properly indicates which of the first three wards will be replaced
- Yorick's Mist Walkers, Zyra's plants, and Shaco's Jack-In-The-Boxes are able to properly activate Manaflow Band
- Displacement effects like stuns, charms, etc. on Feared champions will no longer expire along with the Fear debuff when it times out
- Malphite's W - Thunderclap no longer reduces the amount of Hail of Blades stacks
- Nautilus' W - Titan's Wrath shield VFX no longer persists in the place where Nautilus enters Fog of War
- Sion's W - Soul Furnace tooltip now properly indicates that its passive grants 4 maximum health when activated
- Fiddlesticks' E - Reap tooltip now properly contains information about increasing mana cost
- Damaging with Jax’s Q - Leap Strike followed by two basic attacks will now properly activate Phase Rush and Electrocute
- Twitch's R - Spray and Pray empowered attacks now properly deal damage to the Nexus and enemy inhibitors regardless of range or angle
- Umbral Glaive now properly deals extra damage to revealed traps
- Caitlyn's W - Yordle Snap Trap properly empowers only one basic attack
- Multi-attacks from Runaan's Hurricane's unique passive, Wind's Fury, properly give the holder 1 stack of Conqueror instead of a stack per enemy hit
- Guinsoo's Rageblade's unique passive, Guinsoo's Rage, will not trigger on the target when the holder's basic attack is blocked or destroyed
- Fixed a bug where the champion details page didn’t close automatically when renavigating to the game select screen
- Enhanced data flows on the honor screen to provide better responsiveness