The latest update to the League of Legends Public Beta Environment (PBE) makes some tentative balance changes to several champions
The PBE is where Riot test their updates before moving them into the live game, giving a chance for the developers to put ideas into practice without players experiencing unintended consequences, while players get an advanced look at the sort of updates that are coming.
The most recent patch to hit live after PBE testing – patch 9.2 – is a major one, with significant balance changes to multiple champions and even introduces an all-new champion – Sylas, the Unchained, who hits the live servers just in time for the start of the 2019 ranked season.
Camille and Irelia, both of whom have been under the spotlight for balance adjustments recently, are once again being tweaked slightly, but it’s Vi who’s receiving the most attention in this PBE patch, with changes to all of her abilities and her passive.
Changes on the PBE are not guaranteed to ever reach the live servers, so it’s very possible that these adjustments could be tweaked further before ever making their way into the live game.
Full patch notes:
- Hookshot (E)
- [Removed] No longer stuns minions.
- HP per level increased from 85 to 95
- Defiant Dance (W)
- Damage reduction increased from 40% to 50%
- [Changed Effect] damage reduction now specifies Physical damage
- Blast Shield (Passive)
- Cooldown changed from [12 – 8] to 
- Shield size changed from [10% max health] to [15% max health]
- [New] “Shield CD is reduced by 3 seconds whenever you proc Denting Blows.”
- Vault Breaker (Q)
- Damage changed from [110/160/210/260/310 (+160% Bonus AD)] to [20/60/100/140/180 (+140% Total AD)]
- [Removed] No longer deals reduced damage to minions and monsters
- Denting Blows (W) attack speed changed from 30/35/40/45/50% to 20/30/40/50/60%
- Excessive Force (E)
- “Buffed the follow up attack after hitting with E to better scale with attack speed.”
- AD ratio lowered from [115% Total AD] to [110% Total AD]
- AP ratio increased from 70% to 90%
- [New] AOE can now crit
- Assault and Battery (R)
- Damage increased from [150/300/450 (+140% Bonus AD)] to [150/325/500 (+110% bonus AD)]
- [Removed] No longer deals reduced damage to additional targets
- CC duration on secondary targets increased from .25s to .75s
- Knockback distance on secondary targets increased from 250 to 400