How much does a RuneScape Membership cost? Subscription & benefits explained
If you’re looking to commit some serious time into Runescape, you might feel inclined to pick up a membership. Here’s everything you need to know about Runescape’s membership pricing.
Runescape has transformed into a mighty MMOPRG since its Miniclip beginnings, expanding its lore and gameplay exponentially. While the beloved Jagex-developed game can still be played for free, there are tons of goodies to receive for picking up a membership.
It can seem confusing at first when it comes to the benefits of each tier, but we’ve made it easier for you to make a decision.
- How much does a Runescape membership cost?
- How to start a Runescape membership
- Runescape membership benefits
Jagex’s MMOPRG has always maintained a free-to-play element, but players can earn exclusive rewards and Member Credits for the pay-to-play version of the game. The cost of a membership has changed gradually over the years, with inflation affecting it constantly, but there’s an option for everyone.
Before you start your membership, here’s how much a Runescape membership can cost in 2022:
- 1 Month (£10 GBP, $10.99 USD, and €9.49 EUR)
- 3 Months (£16.49 GBP, $29.99 USD, and €25.99 EUR)
- 12 Months (£53.99 GBP, $99.99 USD, and €78.99 EUR)
If you’re keen to get started on your journey with a membership, after deciding what membership is right for you, it’s not too difficult to set up. You can start a subscription by carrying out the following:
- Log into the game’s site with your username/password
- Click the ‘start a membership’ option, located on the website’s sidebar
- Select your home country
- Choose your preferred payment method (this will vary depending on your region)
There are heaps of benefits to becoming a member too, which you won’t be able to find within the game’s free-to-play version. Jagex’s description boasts “Over 184 extra incredible quests, 11 formidable skills, 38 awesome minigames” but that isn’t that’s up for grabs.
Membership holders will be able to explore a world that is 3x larger, with “make your own home and port” features to accompany the game’s loyalty programme too.
Now you’re ready to get stuck into Jagex’s legendary MMORPG!