The official challenges for Week 9 of Season 5 have gone live in Fortnite Battle Royale and are now available to play in all regions.
Usually released on a Thursday, this week’s challenges were delayed by 24 hours due to some issues that meant the V5.40 patch didn’t go live until September 6.
As has been the case throughout Season 5, the Week 9 challenges include three that are free for all users to complete and four that are only open to owners of the Battle Pass.
Once again we see a “Stage” challenge. Introduced shortly after the halfway point in the season, the stage challenges require you to complete objectives in various different locations – this week, you need to open chests in various places of interest, beginning at Haunted Hills.
The full list of Week 9, Season 5 challenges is as follows:
FREE PASS CHALLENGES
- Deal damage with Explosive Weapons to opponents (500)
- Get trick points in a Shopping Cart or ATK (All Terrain Kart) (1)
- Follow the treasure map found in Shifty Shafts (1) – HARD
BATTLE PASS CHALLENGES
- Stage 1: Search a Chest in Haunted Hills (1)
Stage 2: Search a chest in Shift Shafts (1)
Stage 3: Search a chest in Lazy Links (1)
Stage 4: Search a chest in Tilted Towers (1)
Stage 5: Search a chest in Risky Reels (1)
- Visit Different Stone Heads (7)
- Assault Rifle Eliminations (5) – HARD
- Eliminate opponents in Tomato Temple (2) – HARD
The “HARD” challenges will grant you twice as much XP as the standard ones but should still be relatively easy to complete.
- Read More: Fortnite Players Are Already Doing Incredible Things With the Grappler – Clips of the New Item In Action
As always, keep an eye out for our various challenge guides if you’re struggling to complete any of this week’s tasks.
If the seven weekly challenges aren’t enough for you, you can also try your hand at completing the High Stakes challenges that went live on September 6 as part of the High Stakes event.