Fortnite Battle Royale developer Epic Games has announced a major building and weapons update, adjusting various stats and damage to both of the fundamental components in the game.
Players have been expecting some changes soon, with Epic making clear their desire to update the game and keep it balanced and competitive, while also fresh.
Read the full changes from Epic Games below.
We’ve seen various discussions about SMGs, building material changes, and general weapon vs structure interaction. We agree that weapons should have a unique purpose and that building should feel great as well as show off your tactical skills in the heat of battle. Your feedback in combination with internal testing has shown that previous changes in these areas were not achieving the goals we had set out for. The new changes are aimed at allowing for strengths and weaknesses between the SMGs, shotguns and structures during close range combat.
Here are the changes that are now live:
By increasing initial wall health values based on material type, material strength should feel more intuitive when making decisions
- Wood wall initial HP increased from 80 to 90
- Stone wall initial HP increased from 80 to 100
- Metal wall initial HP increased from 80 to 110
Dropping SMG effectiveness – they should feel good against structures, but not consistently be the best option in multiple scenarios.
- Reduced damage from 22/21 to 21/20
- Reduced clip size from 50 to 40
- Reduced falloff range damage from 80% to 70% at 3500 units
- Reduced falloff range damage from 65% to 55% at 5000+ units
- Added environmental damage fall off matching player damage fall off
- Decreased jumping accuracy by 5%
- Decreased targeting accuracy by 10%
- Reduced spawn rate from chests and floor loot by 40%
We’ll be keeping a close eye on these changes and will continue to adjust over time. Let us know what you think of the changes!