The highly anticipated release of the v6.22 update for Fortnite introduced a number of new additions to the game, but the return of one of the most popular Limited Time Modes ever is perhaps even more exciting.
While the Heavy Assault Rifle (which is quite clearly an AK-47) and the new ‘Team Terror’ LTM are more than enough to whet the appetite of even the most seasoned Fortnite player, the return of Blitz is likely to overshadow them for many!
Returning in the form of a Limited Time Event as part of the November 6 patch, Blitz is the most fast-paced and frantic version of Fortnite that you’ll ever play due to the fact that the match begins with the storm already closing in. There’s also more loot, more resources and much more action!
“Blitz is a faster-paced version of Battle Royale,” explain the developers at Epic Games. “The match begins with the storm moving towards the island, and the delay between each circle is shorter than normal, creating matches that are 15 minutes long or less. The map also has extra loot and resources. Profile Stats count in this mode, so fight hard for the Victory Royale!”[ad name=”article3″]
We’re not entirely sure how long Blitz will be available for, so we’d advise you to make the most of it while it’s here.
Full details about the mode, including the changes in drop rates, resources and more, can be found below:
- The storm is already moving in at the beginning of the match, choose your landing spot carefully!
- Wait time between storms is significantly shorter than usual; maximum match length is 15 minutes.
- Increased chances of treasure chests spawning from 50-70% to 80-90%.
- Increased chances of ammo boxes spawning from 65-80% to 85-95%.
- Reduced empty floor loot spawn chance from 21.5% to 3.55%
- Resource harvesting amounts increased by 50%.
- Increased materials found on the ground from 30 to 60 per instance.
- Increased number, spawn rate & the descent speed of Supply Drops.
- Increased number of llamas spawned by 4x.
- Removed shopping carts.