Twitch streamer MissCoookieez was celebrating her birthday with a cake with candles, but disaster struck when her microphone caught on fire.
Birthdays are always an important day and on Twitch, they can be a way to bond with your community as you celebrate another year of life.
However, MissCoookieez birthday plans went up in flames when she brought her birthday cake with lit candles a little bit too close to her microphone.600
She was just chatting nonchalantly with her viewers when she brought the cake onto the stream, complete with burning candles, brought it right under her mic and caused it to catch fire immediately.
For a couple more seconds, she kept on talking to her viewers, before finally realizing a roaring flame was going on just inches from her face.
To her credit, she was able to keep her composure and blow out the flame before it was able to spread to anything else.
A fire starting anywhere isn’t ideal, but it’s pretty bad when your streaming setup catches ablaze since your PC and everything around it can easily set you back a couple of thousand dollars, depending on what it consists of.
If Coookieez wasn’t able to remain composed, there’s not telling the damage that could have been done. This event might have transpired differently had it taken place back in 2017, when she completely lost her mind after seeing a bug near her streaming setup.
A bug was flying across her room that you can even see a glimpse of near the beginning of the video as it flies in front of the camera, and she freaked out so badly she began to scream and ran out of the room.
Luckily, she was able to keep it together when it came to putting out a fire. Could you even imagine the damage that could have been done if it was a firefly that started the blaze?