CSGO March 31 update adds two new maps, Prisma 2 case, more
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive’s March 31 patch marks the end of Operation Shattered Web, but Valve have kicked right into action with adding new content, releasing two new maps into the pool and a case full of new weapon skins.
Valve has wasted no time cranking out new content for CS:GO after the end of Operation Shattered Web.
A patch shipped on March 31 has added two new maps to the official matchmaking pool in certain modes, while a case jam-packed with new skins will now be available in drops. This is on top of a couple of small bug fixes.
Agency and Chlorine community maps added
Valve recognized two of the top finalists in the Mapcore Exotic Places map contest, and gave them a place in official matchmaking as a prize. Anubis and Chlorine will be added to scrimmage and casual official servers, but not competitive or other queues.
While the name might imply that Anubis is based on Overwatch’s Temple of Anubis, it’s very much different.
The four-square style map was the outright winner of the Mapcore contest, and it’s easy to see why. It’s aesthetically pleasing, and gameplay-wise, there’s plenty of little angles and rotates to work with.
Chlorine, on the other hand, is one of the more innovative maps CS:GO has seen. Set in an abandoned theme park, the path to A site from both spawns is laid out across a drained-out water ride.
It’s a lot more open than Anubis, and its layout lends itself to explosive gunfights from afar.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
Agency and Chlorine will replace Breach and Studio on official matchmaking servers. The two departing maps will still be available for custom servers, however.
New CS:GO Prisma 2 case adds 17 skins
The Prisma case has received a sequel in the March 31 update. The creatively-named Prisma 2 case contains 17 new weapon skins, and a chance to get chroma finishes for the Horizon Knives.
There are two Covert skins in the case, as well as three Classified, five Restricted, and seven Mil-Spec skins. The case is filled with neon, and the colors only get brighter as the rarity goes up.
A full list of all the skins added can be found below:
- Glock-18: Bullet Queen (Covert / Red)
- M4A1-S: Player Two (Covert / Red)
- MAG-7: Justice (Classified / Pink)
- MAC-10: Disco Tech (Classified / Pink)
- AK-47: Phantom Disruptor (Classified / Pink)
- SSG 08: Fever Dream (Restricted / Purple)
- SG 553: Darkwing (Restricted / Purple)
- P2000: Acid Etched (Restricted / Purple)
- SCAR-20: Enforcer (Restricted / Purple)
- Sawed-Off: Apocalypto (Restricted / Purple)
- R8 Revolver: Born Forged (Mil-Spec / Blue)
- MP5-SD: Desert Strike (Mil-Spec / Blue)
- Negev: Prototype (Mil-Spec / Blue)
- Desert Eagle: Blue Ply (Mil-Spec / Blue)
- CZ75-Auto: Distressed (Mil-Spec / Blue)
- AWP: Capillary (Mil-Spec / Blue)
- AUG: Tom Cat (Mil-Spec / Blue)
Outside of the new maps and skins, a few minor bug fixes were shipped. None of them have a major impact on gameplay though.
If you were wondering about stuttering fixes, a patch for Nvidia video card users was shipped on March 27 to help solve the problem. An update for AMD users should be on the way in the coming weeks.
You can find the full patch notes below.
CS:GO March 31 full patch notes
- Breach and Studio are no longer available on official matchmaking servers.
- Anubis and Chlorine have been added to official Casual, Deathmatch, and Scrimmage game modes.
Operation Shattered Web
- Operation Shattered Web is now over. Players who have an Operation Shattered Web coin in their inventory at this time will receive commemorative inscriptions on their coin with the number of completed operation missions and number of stars attained.
Prisma 2 Case
- Introducing the Prisma 2 Case, featuring 17 community-designed weapon finishes, and the Horizon Knives in Chroma finishes as rare special items.
- Players who are eligible for cross-promotional content from The Master Chief Collection and Half-Life: Alyx will be able to receive the cross-promotional CS:GO items even if they are VAC banned in CS:GO.
- Fixed game state integration data output for clients in team coach slot.
- Fixed misalignment of agent poses on main menu.
- Added missing voice lines for Mr. Muhlik.