Halloween has arrived in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and a spooky version of Cobblestone has gone live to celebrate that fact.
Cobblestone is a fan-favorite map but hasn’t been seen much since it was replaced in the Active Duty map pool by Dust II back in April of 2017.
Well now it’s back (if only for a limited time) with a totally revamped look in celebration of Halloween. Changes include a spooky night time setting, the removal of the Danger connect at A long and a new window in Underpass.
The Halloween theme doesn’t begin and end with Cobblestone, though. In Casual, Demolition and Flying Scotsman modes, players are now be able to haunt their opponents after dying as ‘Ghosts’. These Ghosts will be able to spray graffiti, interact with props and even turn chickens into zombie chickens!
- In Casual, Demolition, and Flying Scoutsman game modes, players now haunt the world as ghosts when they die until the end of the round. Spoooooky!
- Ghosts can:
- Only be seen by other ghosts and observers.
- Apply Graffiti in the world.
- Affect interact-able props (soccer balls, glass, potted plants, etc).
- Turn chickens into zombie chickens.
- Possess Bots by using them.
- Two pumpkin soccer balls now spawn in a random places on the map during Halloween.
- Improved chickens ability to avoid walking straight into walls.
- Chickens now spawn in all non-competitive matches during Halloween.
- Chickens have gotten into the spooky Halloween spirit.
- Who put all this candy corn in my gun?!
- Fixed out of map exploit
- Fixed several stuck spots
- Fixed several incorrect collisions
- Updated radar to new style
- Minor optimizations
- Minor readability improvements
- Fixed several deathmatch spawns
- Fixed clipping texture playing wrong sound at A Pit
- T-Water no longer kills players
- Updated radar overview
Halloween is here, so why not try out some super scary layout changes?
- Removed connector between Long A and Underpass
- Blocked long view angle from Long A CT side towards courtyard
- Decreased height of doors in Underpass
- Added window in Underpass
- Removed slanted door leading into Underpass
- Removed a large section of old Bombsite A courtyard
- Moved up Bombsite A zone towards ramp
- Removed access to most of T spawn area
- Moved up T spawn positions
- Added climbable props in dropdown
- Added cover in corridor leading to Bombsite B platform
- Added spooky Halloween theme
- Added fallback image for unknown workshop maps.
- Fixed a case of incorrect player alive record keeping.
- Fixed regression in map vote random shuffle.
- Fixed voting tab not having initial focus.
- Fixed issue with early votes being ignored in some cases.
- Fixed case where end of match would flicker on future consecutive matches.
- Fixed mouse cursor appearing immediately on end of match.
- Fix for a case of bad perf with high maxrounds.
- Timeouts are now saved and restored in round backups.