A new CS:GO patch has dropped on April 16 with a ton of changes. The Deagle has been nerfed just a week after its buff, a Warmup mode has been added, and a couple of quality of life features from Valorant are now making their way into the Valve FPS title.
After a few weeks of silence, CS:GO’s developers have been hard at work balancing the game. Last week’s mega patch saw sweeping changes to the Krieg, Deagle, and more.
However, some of those changes have been reigned in with this week’s update. The Deagle has been nerfed, maps have been altered, but some new content is on the way.
Today we're shipping a number of updates:
-We're testing 1v1 Warmup arenas which replace current Warmup. These are available now in Wingman on Train and Vertigo.
-Added a new setting, "Show Player Crosshairs", which allows you to see (and use) a player's crosshair. pic.twitter.com/7iprEsE0Fi
— CS:GO (@CSGO) April 17, 2020
The Flying Deag is no more
The Desert Eagle nerfs have hit its jumping accuracy after it was buffed last week.
While Valve wanted to make the Deagle more accurate after jumping, players were using it while jumping for pin-point accuracy.
The nerf has added a new weapon parameter, “inaccuracy jump apex,” that makes the weapon more inaccurate while in mid-air. However, how this interacts in-game is yet to be seen, as it’s an entirely new setting.
The Deagle was the only weapon changed balance-wise, although maps tell a different story. Anubis, Chlorine, Jungle, Vertigo, and Train all received changes.
Vertigo’s are the most surprising — Window in mid has been removed, T stairs now has a tighter exit, and the site is less open than before.
Most of the other maps received purely cosmetic or lighting changes, although on Anubis, the bomb will now explode with a wider radius, so you’ll have to be careful when saving in the future.
Time to warmup
A warmup mode is finally on its way after years of waiting. Players will now be able to face off against their friends in a 1v1 while in queue. However, there are a few conditions, as Valve are just experimenting for the time being.
Warmup mode will only be available in Wingman mode, where you’ll duel with your partner until you find a match. Additionally, it’ll only be available for games on Vertigo and Train.
- Read more: Summit1g claims CS:GO has been “ruined” on Twitch amid Valorant hype
The warmups will take place on Vertigo B site, and a special-made 1v1 arena on Train. However, it’s the start of possibility porting this much-requested feature across the board.
On top of these changes, CS:GO has added a feature from rival FPS title, Valorant. Players will now be able to see the crosshairs of observed players, and copy them to their own config.
There’s also a new Music Kit Box, featuring seven tracks to let rip as you dominate the opposition. The full patch notes for CS:GO’s April 16 update can be found below.
CSGO April 16 patch notes
- Added one-on-one warmup arenas when playing Wingman mode on Vertigo and Train.
- Added a new weapon parameter “inaccuracy jump apex”, set to 331.55 for the Deagle.
- Added ability to see crosshairs of observed players.
- Added ability to copy crosshairs of other players (through the scoreboard).
- Added ability to listen to music kit MVP anthem when inspecting music kits.
- Added the Masterminds Music Kit Box, available in regular and StatTrak™ variants, featuring 7 new music kits:
- Austin Wintory, Bachram
- Daniel Sadowski, Eye of the Dragon
- Dren, Gunman Taco Truck
- Matt Levine, Drifter
- Sam Marshall, Bodacious
- Tim Huling, Neo Noir
- Tree Adams and Ben Bromfield, M.U.D.D. FORCE
- Fixed agents sometimes not holding weapons on the end of match screens.
- Fixed agents in Perfect World version sometimes vocalizing English radio commands.
- The Events tab of the Watch menu will now also present online competitions.
- Fixed the prop draw distance at canal in front of A.
- Increased the bomb explosion radius from 400 to 450.
- Improved readability at A main and middle.
- Several clipping fixes.
- Fixed some missing prop faces.
- Improved navigation so bots now know how to drop down areas.
- Moved the spawn icons on the radar to the right coordinates.
- Fixed nav file issue.
- Visual rework of base textures to help visibility.
- Made B bombsite lights brighter.
- Removed floating displacement near CT spawn
- Added more loot crates in few regions of a map.
- Fixed some community bug reports (including flying ladder).
- Updated minimap tablet texture.
- Added one extra house near Radio Tower region.
- Reworked wooden fences prop (removed holes).
- Fixed collision mesh of solar battery model
- Brightened i-beam textures.
- Replaced wooden fence on A site with metal version, decreasing wallbang damage.
- Bombsite B:
- Lowered height of site by 32 units.
- Tightened exit from T stairs.
- Removed “window” entrance from mid, replaced with a raised entrance near CT spawn.
- Flipped railings on stairs to site, to allow jump up from sandbag position.
- Reworked site layout and cover.
- Moved connector from B halls that went under mid, to further towards T spawn.
- Enabled B site in Wingman mode.
- Experiment: In Wingman mode, during Warmup, players will spawn in an 1v1 arena
- Moved pigeons that sometimes spawned near Ivy, no longer visible from CT side of ivy.
- Fixed not being able to walk off top of ladder on oil train, B site.
- Brightened scaffolding by oil train.
- New collision model on dumpsters found around the map.
- Experiment: In Wingman mode, during Warmup, players will spawn in an 1v1 arena.