Theory takes shots at former teammates in update on his CoD pro future - Dexerto
Call of Duty

Theory takes shots at former teammates in update on his CoD pro future

Published: 31/Dec/2018 20:46 Updated: 31/Dec/2018 21:08

by Alan Bernal

Share


Call of Duty began the Black Ops 4 season with CWL Las Vegas on December 7 and gave Pittsburgh Knights fans a look at how their team fared against the rest of the competition, but lackluster results have encouraged early changes in the squad.

The Pittsburgh Knights are a new organization who have fielded teams for multiple titles since their creation, but their poor results in the first event for the 2019 CoD season could have had implications within the org.

In a tweet, Dylan ‘Theory’ McGee announced he was no longer a part of the Knights’ banner and will move on to the next step of his esports career while hinting towards possible strife between him and his former teammates.

Theory had been a part of the Knights for no more than two months when he came over from the Lightning Pandas, but that might have been enough time to hold contempt over some people he’s met along the way.

“Also officially no longer associated with [the Pittsburg Knights], best of luck to them… Looking forward to the future and purging the toxic people from my life,” he said.

Although no clarification was made on what he meant, he followed up the message with an update regarding his health and player status.

“Due to certain medical conditions I’m not sure if I’ll be playing again,” he said. “Not gonna close that chapter of my life completely and say I’m retiring as I don’t know what the future holds…”

Now looking to move into more managerial roles, Theory will look to promptly enter a new org in any capacity before Pro League Qualifier in January 2019.

Call of Duty

Nadeshot calls for major SBMM change in Black Ops Cold War rant

Published: 2/Dec/2020 11:48

by Jacob Hale

Share


Skill-based matchmaking has been a major complaint from top Call of Duty players for years now, and 100 Thieves CEO and former pro player Matthew ‘Nadeshot’ Haag has finally snapped, going on a rant against SBMM in the new Black Ops Cold War.

Nadeshot has never made it a secret that he, alongside a huge number of Call of Duty players, is anti-SBMM.

Though the sentiment makes sense — pit players of equal skill against one another — in practice, many players aren’t happy with it and want to see it removed or at least tuned down.

Nadeshot clearly falls into that category, and let his opinion be known during a December 1 stream while playing on the latest edition of Nuketown, Nuketown ‘84.

black ops cold war cartel
Activision
Black Ops Cold War has been welcomed with mixed reviews, but SBMM has been a major sticking point.

As you can tell immediately from the scoreline alone and the carnage unfolding around him, the match is an intense one, and he wasn’t impressed.

He said: “It’s time to lower the skill-based matchmaking. This is not fun. I know we want the kids that have never played Call of Duty to be in a safe space, but please stop alienating the people that have been playing your game for over a decade.”

That wasn’t all, though, as Haag continued to complain as he struggled to make much of an impact on the game. “This is not an enjoyable experience,” he said. “Especially trying to get the challenges done on these weapons… Everyone’s got a scorestreak because it’s participation and not skill.”

Both the SBMM and scorestreak complaints have been popular ones for Black Ops Cold War players, and the sentiment seems to be echoed from the top down.

Whether Activision or Treyarch make changes to either issue remains to be seen, but we might not see Nadeshot streaming Black Ops Cold War for too much longer at this rate.