OpTic's Crimsix Gives Opinions on the Mysterious 'CoDBurner' and Their Secret Identity - Dexerto
Call of Duty

OpTic’s Crimsix Gives Opinions on the Mysterious ‘CoDBurner’ and Their Secret Identity

Published: 6/Sep/2018 21:45

by Albert Petrosyan

Share


In a competitive Call of Duty community that is full of superstars, there is one name that everyone is currently talking about – the CoDBurner.

Since the CoDBurner re-introduced themselves after the conclusion of the WWII season, many within the community have been trying to figure out their secret identity.

OpTic Gaming pro player Ian ‘Crimsix’ Porter has chimed in on the subject, countering the popular belief that many within the pro ranks are already aware of who the CoDBurner is.

To clear something up I see on Reddit: I’d say more than the majority (90%) of pro players don’t know who the CODBurner is. The other 10% is probably in on it.

He then listed a series of his opinions on the CoDBurner, the nature of their secret identity, and proposed a strategy on how their identity can be determined.

Now, in my opinion:

-Burner is definitely a pro or literally a pros best friend.

-Burner will never reveal himself

-Burner is 2 or more people (essentially)

-You’ll never see a rostermania like this again

-CODBurner is a man of the people, but a complete weirdo.

And lastly, during these “developments”, I’d look to see who has their mic muted in calls because the real Burner is most likely laughing his ass off at these daily witch hunts we’re having.

Whether or not the CoDBurner’s identity will ever be revealed remains to be seen; rumors can be seen popping up on social media on a daily basis, some more ridiculous than others.

Regardless, it seems as though they aren’t too worried about it, as the mysterious and unknown person of interest continues to leak private information online about future CoD roster changes, insider dealings, and more.

Entertainment

Dr Disrespect rants to himself for 10 mins after accidentally muting mic

Published: 31/Oct/2020 19:07

by Bill Cooney

Share


Streaming superstar Dr Disrespect accidentally muted his microphone just as he began a legendary-looking rant about Call of Duty: Warzone, and may inadvertently have created a new trend in streaming at the same time.

Doc is undoubtedly one of the biggest personalities out there on the internet, but like anyone else, he can still fall victim to the treacherous mindset of getting tilted. 

Like all professionals, he usually does a good job of keeping the speed, violence, and momentum directed at opponents. But during a recent stream, he experienced one Warzone death due to flashbangs too many and took it out on his desk instead.

With a slam that would make fellow streaming star, xQc, proud, the Two-Time let his desk have it just as he was entering into what seemed like quite the heated exposition on the role of flashes grenades in Warzone.

The only problem was that his smack muted the microphone and he didn’t realize it, leading to what may have been the best mime impression on Twitch for the next 10-plus minutes.

It genuinely seems like the 2019 Streamer of the Year had no idea he was basically just talking to himself, as you can even see him going into bits and continuing to rant before he unmutes. It seemed to work out fine though, as he made a pretty penny in donations from viewers telling him they couldn’t hear.

Dr Disrespect mic muted slam
Dr Disrespect
Was it really a mistake, or a bold new strategy in streaming?

“Well, that’s what happens when you slam sh*t around, you know?” Doc reflected. “I think I got like, $100 bucks from people telling me I’m muted. Hey Alex, next time mute me for like two hours, yeah.”

If Dr Disrespect hasn’t chosen a Halloween costume for this year, maybe going trick-or-treating as a mime might be his best option at this point.

Speaking of Halloween, the good doctor’s annual Doctober costume contest is nearing its conclusion as hundreds of fans have submitted their best cosplays, hoping for a chance to be selected among the best. The winners are due to be announced in the upcoming few days, but you can check out some of the best costume submissions so far here.