The April 28 update is now live on Modern Warfare, adding a new weapon, new contract in Warzone, and an overhaul to the Gunsmith system. Here’s everything you need to know and the full patch notes.
On top of all those changes, there are also some bug fixes and quality of life changes for Warzone as well, which is still riding high on its massive popularity since launch.
For multiplayer, Shoot the Ship is also coming back, and there will be Double XP, Double Weapon XP and Double Battle Pass progression for the weekend starting May 1 through May 4.
New Weapon: MK9 Bruen
The MK9 Bruen is a new LMG to add to your arsenal, which looks similar to the M249 SAW from other Modern Warfare games.
Featuring “high accuracy and reliable damage,” it sounds like it could be a real contender in Warzone as well as regular multiplayer.
New Warzone Contract: Most Wanted
Contracts are a unique feature in Warzone, and they’re about to get even wackier. The Most wanted contract will paint a target on your back for a limited time – for every other player in the lobby to see.
If you survive, any fallen teammates on your squad will instantly be respawned into Verdansk.
All-new ‘Gunsmith Customs’
Alongside the additional contract you’ll see dotted around Verdansk, the April 28 patch provided us with Gunsmith Customs — where players can now build from blueprints in their Armory and create the perfect hybrid weapon to take into the Warzone.
So as long as you’re keeping the same attachments from each weapon, you’ll be able to make use of all those blueprints that you’ve been collecting since Season One.
Joining the changes to the Gunsmith are a plethora of new cosmetics, including two new bundles and a weapon skin.
Each bundle comes with its own Legendary blueprint, that you can make full use out of in Gunsmith Customs. Both the ‘Caldera’ and ‘By the Toe’ blueprints will give players a fresh new take on their favorite weapons to customize and take into the battlefield. See a full breakdown of each pack here.
New Item: Armor Satchel
The April 28 update also introduces a new item to Warzone’s loot pool in the form of the Armor Satchel. This new addition allows players to carry up to eight armor plates instead of the typical five.
“These do not contain any armor plates by default,” meaning that players will have to find this unique item and then find individual armor plates as well. It is a guaranteed reward upon completing Scavenger contracts, however. So that is one simpler way of ensuring you can carry more armor into the endgame.
Download April 28 Modern Warfare update
There are two separate ways to download your update. Those who own the full version of Modern Warfare will have to complete two separate downloads to fulfill the whole patch.
- Read More: How to watch NICKMERCS’ $50K Warzone tourney
Your respective platform will complete the update as normal, but as soon as you attempt to launch either the Campaign, Multiplayer or Special Ops, you will be prompted to download the ‘Data Pack DLC.’
This download won’t affect Warzone, so you’ll be free to hop into Verdansk while your PC or console does all the hard work. Those who own the free-to-play version of Warzone will not have to complete the secondary download.
Modern Warfare & Warzone April 28 patch notes
- Blueprint Gunfight
- Reinfected Ground War
- 3v3 Cranked Gunfight
- Shoot the Ship 24/7 (includes Cranked and Grind!)
- Solos, Trios, Quads
- Plunder Trios
- Most Wanted Contract – Instead of a random Operator being marked on your Tac Map, you are voluntarily putting a Bounty on yourself for any squad to see in Verdansk. Of course, this great risk does have some great rewards…
DATA PACK DOWNLOAD:
Own Modern Warfare on PS4 or Xbox?
Today’s update includes a required download for PlayStation and Xbox, about 15gbs, and is required to access Modern Warfare.
Once you install the patch and select a mode, (multiplayer, campaign, Special Operations, etc.), you will be brought to a game install menu. Here, you’ll need to download Data Pack 1 from this menu. Once the download is complete, you will need to hard close and reopen the game application.
- Added a Challenges tab to the main multiplayer screen for easier access
- Adjusting how the audio is played for the Precision Airstrike so it follows the plane more precisely
- Fixed a bug where players using KBM in Game Battles could make custom weapon blueprints that could also be used in multiplayer or Warzone.
- Currently, white text will appear when someone is speaking, regardless of team. Now, when someone is on an enemy team, their text will appear red.
- Fix for an exploit on Hackney Yard while playing Infected
- Fixed a bug that would prevent players from being able to melee an enemy while on top of an ATV
- Various out of bounds and exploit fixes
- After the last update, Talon’s character model appeared stretched with graphical corruption issues while in the squad walk. This has been fixed
- Fix for some Season 3 emblems appearing with incorrect text
- Fixed an issue with Kreuger’s eyes while completing a finishing move
- Fixed a bug where some watches were appearing in the wrong direction when gesturing
- Fixed a bug where players could lose the option to pick their favorite Faction in the Operator menu
- Fixed a bug where white lighting could be seen while moving or firing a weapon near specific locations
- Added a gamepad-only Deadzone option that allows players to adjust the inner range in which stick input will not be registered.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Party members from editing their CDL Loadouts when the CDL Quick Play Filter was active.
- Fixed an issue where the Auto Run feature would stop when players opened their in-game text chat.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from zooming in/out on the Tac Map if Jump was bound on Mouse Wheel Up/Down.
- Fix for a bug where completing the completionist challenges for the SKS are unlocking the associated camos for the Renetti
- Fix for a bug where unlocking camos for the SKS was inconsistent with other camo challenges for marksman rifles
- Fixed a bug where the “Hard Wired” skin for Alex would appear in thermals while Cold Blooded is equipped
- The ability to view available XP tokens is not visible in the Warzone Menu. This has been fixed.
- After being brought back into the match, a player was in a state where they couldn’t interact with the team’s loadout drop, and they had the revive prompt on them even though they were alive. This has been fixed
- Adjusted the speed and sizing of the circle
- We’ve added the cargo truck back into BR Solos with reduced turning speed, acceleration, and top speed
- Moved the scoreboard to be visible in the pause menu
- Fix for an issue where the After-Action Report was not displaying the total team earnings
- Fixed a bug where players were unable to equip Armor Plates while Dead Silence is activated
- New item – Armor Satchel – finding one of these allows you to carry up to 8 armor plates instead of 5. These drop on death and can be looted by other players. These do not contain any armor plates by default, only increase the player carry amount. Guaranteed reward upon completing Scavenger contracts (replaces Gas Mask as the guaranteed item)
- Gas mask will remain rare in loot and purchasable at the Buy Station.
- Plunder: Plunder Rating
- When you finish a match of plunder you’re now given a rating in the form of a coin. Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum and more! The more cash your team collected the cooler the coin. Get above 3.5 Million to find out the highest rating!
- Fix for a bug where selecting the USEF 1 skin for the Mil-Sim Operator appears as the default skin in Co-op
- The Munitions Shop can now be accessed while in the safehouse at the beginning of each Special Operation.
- Operation Crosswind: Fixed various situations where players could get stuck outside of the plane when the rest of the team regroups.
- Fix some rare instances where players in last stand could be revived, or have started a self-revive, but still bleed out anyway.
- Fix an instance where the player’s revive icon color could quickly shift from blue to red after they had been successfully revived.
- Fixed players being able to exit a Juggernaut suit, and then gain the ability to revive others even if they themselves were in last stand.
- Operation Harbinger – Players can now exit the safehouse earlier and ‘capture’ the first intel item faster following the dialog from Kamarov.
- Operation Harbinger – Fixed missing audio on the large cargo truck.
- Operation Crosswind – Fixed some instances of soldiers giving armored hitmarkers, but not having visible armor.
- Fixed an issue where a syringe could be seen floating while reviving a teammate.
- Fixed an issue with helicopter audio.
- Fix for a bug where players using a Vega64 GPU could see corrupted outlines around their character models and weapons.
- Fixed a crash that occurred to players using a GeForce 900 Series graphics card when they loaded the Crosswind Special Operations Mission.
Want to get better at Warzone? Check out these top tips from a world record holder: