Just four days after the previous update, Infinity Ward have released the patch notes for their 1.08 update for Modern Warfare, which brings another nerf to 725 Shotgun, major changes to footsteps, and some weapon balancing tweaks.
The developers of the popular first-person shooter released the 1.07 update back on November 8, bringing in two brand-new maps in the form of Shoot House and Krovnik Farmland, while also adding Hardpoint as a game mode, and making weapon balancing changes.
Now, just four days later on November 12, Infinity Ward are releasing another patch with more weapon tweaks, plus some major bug fixes that should improve player’s quality-of-life.
The biggest changes come to weapons, with the 725 shotgun receiving another nerf to try and make it less powerful, with Infinity Ward reducing the range of the weapon in an attempt to balance it against the other shotguns in its class.
The M4A1, which is one of the most popular guns in the game right now, has also received some changes, with the gun’s hip fire spread increased, while the amount of damage it deals to the head has been decreased.
Footsteps have also been adjusted, with players who move while aiming down sights or crouching now guaranteed to play walking footsteps instead of running, which should make it more difficult for players to hear you.
Piccadilly got some updates as well, with spawns changed for Team Deathmatch and Domination, and the B flag moved towards the buses.
The v1.08 update is available now on PC, Xbox One and PS4, and is a 3.4GB download. You can view the patch notes in full below.
Modern Warfare v10.08 Update patch notes
- More backend fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability across all modes and all platforms
- Fix for a bug where a player using the Riot Shield would not take explosive damage during certain situations
- Fixed an issue where the Riot Shield would stow on the players back when using Stim. (Tactical)
- Adjusted to always play walk footstep sounds when in ADS and crouch independent of speed
- Increased the speed in which you can remain using the walk footstep sounds by slightly pressing on the movement stick
- General fix for the UI and Challenge state getting out of sync. We’ll continue to monitor and make additional fixes as needed in future updates
- Fix for a challenge related error that could occur; DEV ERROR 5476
- Fix for Mission Challenge description, “Get Kills with a Burst Weapons” being too vague.
- Spawn tuning while playing TDM and Domination
- Domination flag adjustments; B Flag is now near the busses instead of the center fountain
- ARs: Minor hip spread adjustment
- 725: Reduce range
- M4: increase hip spread, decrease damage to the head
- FAL: Reduced recoil, increased ADS speed
- EB-14: Increase ADS speed
- Miscellaneous ammo reserve adjustments upon spawning to be in-line with other weapons of their class
- Fix for a bug where a player using the Overkill perk with an SMG as their secondary would sometimes spawn without a primary weapon when joining a match in progress.