With the current build of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare multiplayer finally having been showcased to the public, the confirmed list of what’s available in the game has also been revealed.
The global reveal event for the multiplayer side of things in Modern Warfare finally took place on August 1, revealing information about the various aspects of the game that had been kept under wraps under now.
One area that was discussed was about all of the weapons, lethals, tacticals, killstreaks, and perks that are currently available in the game for use, details about which can be found below.
Keep in mind, of course, that the following lists pertain to the current build of MW multiplayer, meaning that things could be added, removed, or adjusted by the time the full version of the game gets released.[ad name=”article3″]
Modern Warfare multiplayer – weapons
Weapons form the primary foundation for every Call of Duty game, and this early version of MW already has a plethora of guns for players to use.
The current pool of weapons includes five assault rifles, three SMGs, two shotguns, two LMGs, two marksmen rifles, and one sniper rifle.
- FR 5.56
- Model 680
Modern Warfare multiplayer – killstreaks
Modern Warfare has brought back something that hasn’t been seen in a while in a CoD game – killstreaks. The past several titles have all ditched the classic system of obtaining streaks via killing sprees, opting to go with scorestreaks instead.
In MW, players will now have to string a few eliminations in a row to earn streaks, some of which have already been confirmed:
- 3 Kills:
- Personal Radar — Escort drone that enables the radar for the owner, and pings nearby enemies.
- 4 Kills:
- Counter UAV
- Care Package
- 5 Kills:
- Cluster Strikes — Signal for a number of cluster mortars to hit the designated location.
- Cruise Missile — Control a long range cruise missile with boost capabilities.
- Precision Airstrike — Call in twin jets for a precision strike along the best available path.
- 7 Kills:
- Wheelson — Remote controlled UGV with a powerful airburst turret.
- Infantry Assault Vehicle — A manned light infantry vehicle with a.50 cal machine gun on top.
- 8 Kills:
- Emergency Airdrop — Call in 3 random kill streak care packages to your location.
- VTOL Jet — Releases an initial missile barrage before guarding a location of the player’s choice
- 10 Kills:
- Chopper Gunner
- White Phosphorus
- 11 Kills:
- Support Helo — Call in a heavy assault helo with twin turrets to patrol the map
- 12 Kills:
- Gunship — Heavy assault gunship with three types of armaments
- Advanced UAV — Orbital UAV that reveals the enemy’s direction on the mini map.
- 15 Kills:
Modern Warfare multiplayer – lethals & tacticals
Of course, no Call of Duty title would be complete without its own set of lethal and tactical items that players can chuck at each other, or strategically place to catch enemies off guard.
The game, as it stands, currently has eight lethals and eight tacticals:
- Frag Grenade
- Molotov Cocktail
- Throwing Knife
- Proximity Mine
- Flash Grenade
- Smoke Grenade
- Stun Grenade
- Stim — Military stimulant that cauterizes combat wounds
- Decoy Grenade — Counter-intel grenade that simulates fake gunfire and radar signatures that confuses the enemy.
- Gas Grenade — Explodes on impact with the ground releasing a lingering cloud of tear gas that causes slowed movement, blurred vision, and coughing.
- Snapshot Grenade — Provides a momentary glimpse of enemies within the blast radius.
- Heartbeat Sensor — A tablet that displays rough information about nearby enemies.
Players will be able to try all of these weapons, killstreaks, throwables and more in the beta sessions that will be held in the coming weeks, which will include days on which the beta will be open to everyone on all platforms.
Modern Warfare will be released on October 25, 2019 for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.