Infinity Ward have confirmed that four key Warzone issues will be fixed in an upcoming update, with more fixes in the pipeline for their Battle Royale and Plunder modes.
Call of Duty: Warzone has been a raging success following the game’s launch, with over 15 million players dropping into Verdansk in the first three days after launch.
For context, Apex Legends only managed to attract 10 million players within the same timeframe (still a phenomenal figure), while Fortnite lagged behind significantly in comparison.
Of course, Infinity Ward will be doing everything in its power to maintain Warzone’s active player base. Additional content has already been promised, but another part of the developer’s pledge is to ensure the game runs as smoothly as possible.
And per Infinity Ward’s Modern Warfare Tracker, they are already listening to the community and actively working on the issues that might be ruining players’ Warzone experience.
What have Infinity Ward fixed?
It appears that the Modern Warfare developers have already been hard at work, fixing the common revival and animation bugs, while also mending a minor connection issue.
Fixes for these issues will be coming in a future update.
- Players will rarely see full-screen black corruption when naturally progressing through the map.
- Players who are the last to die and attempt to leave the game, they'll see a 'your squad can still revive you' message even though there are no squadmates alive.
- Players who disconnect from a match will not drop any items that they were carrying.
- Players can become stuck in a stow away animation state when the player revives and immediately cancels the revive animation.
What are Infinity Ward working on?
Alongside the above fixes (which are likely to be pushed live on March 17), Infinity Ward are looking into fixing some other issues, the most major of which are listed below — for the full list, please visit Infinity Ward’s Tracker.
- Adjusting when teammates get credit for a kill when they finish off a downed enemy.
- Players will be unable to use the Plunder Balloon if they set their reload/use behavior to "contextual tap.”
- Plunder - Players going into consecutive matches are seeing it end shortly after joining.
- Players can get stuck under a Buy Station if going prone while interacting with it.
- Reports of a bug that could kick players from a match if they became stuck on the loading screen.
- The animation for the player's character equipping a gas mask will interrupt and block the player from deploying their parachute.
There are also a plethora of multiplayer issues that Infinity Ward have fixed, including the micro-stuttering issue that some Xbox players were reporting, alongside the infamous Tactical Insertion glitch on Rust where players would respawn in random locations, despite placing their Tac Insert down near the Oil Derrick.
So it appears that alongside keeping Modern Warfare’s issues at bay, Infinity Ward are also prioritizing any reported issues in their free-to-play Battle Royale game mode.