Treyarch have released another update for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 on October 16, addressing aspects of all three game modes.
The update includes changes to the player count in Blackout, fixes for issues within Multiplayer, especially Custom Games, as well as a series of stability and performance improvements for the PC version.
Blackout players will note that the now featured Duos playlist has been boosted to 100 players, while the Quads playlist has been capped at 88.
"We're continue to update various game settings to ensure the best experience for all players across all platforms and modes."
As for the Multiplayer, the featured playlist has been changed to Heist, and a major bug that was causing custom Search and Destroy matches to end after seven rounds has been fixed.
Now, custom SnD matches will end after one team wins six rounds, which is what the traditional format of competitive SnD matches has normally been.
This update is one of several that have gone live since the game was released on October 12, which shows that Treyarch are serious in their efforts to stay on top of things and make sure all issues are addressed as soon as possible.
The full patch notes for this October 16 game update can be seen below:
We’re switching things up a bit today! While we test out different maximum player counts in Quads, we’re boosting Duos from 88 to 100 per match on all platforms. Let us know how hunting down an extra dozen targets out there feels in Duos.
There’s also great news for PC players, with today’s update from Beenox addressing several crashes, stability improvements, and gameplay tweaks. See below for the full list.
We’ve made the following changes to the game today (Global):
- General stability improvements and crash fixes.
- The Featured playlist tiles for Multiplayer and Blackout have changed today. This is part of the regular rotation of Featured playlists – more details to come on how Featured playlists will work in Black Ops 4 in a separate update.
- 100-Player Duos
- 100-Players Duos is now the Featured playlist for Blackout.
- 88-Player Quads
- Quads playlist is now 88 maximum players. We’re continuing to update various game settings to ensure the best experience for all players across all platforms and modes.
- 100-Player Duos
- Playlist Updates
- TDM playlist now supports parties of 6 (was previously 5).
- Featured playlist changed to Heist.
- Custom Games
- Custom Search and Destroy games will now correctly conclude after one team wins 6 rounds total, fixing an issue where custom games previously ended at round 7.
- Addressed a crash caused by earning multiple Medals in a match.
- Playlist Updates
- Addressed a UI error caused by losing Internet connection in split screen.
We’ve also made the following additional update specific to PC:
- Stability Improvements
- Fixed a crash occurring during initial boot of the game for some users.
- Fixed a crash when disconnecting from a Blackout match.
- Fixed a crash occurring when managing multiple windows simultaneously in Blackout.
- Fixed a crash when browsing unlockable Items.
- Fixed crashes occurring when changing texture quality.
- Fixed a performance issue when changing Clan tags.
- Improved handling of “Out of Memory” errors.
- Additional stability fixes listed in today’s update from /u/TreyarchPC: https://www.reddit.com/r/Blackops4/comments/9oqgsd/call_of_duty_black_ops_4_pc_updates/
- Addressed an issue that caused Hellhounds to exhibit some very... un-doglike behavior in Zombies.
- “Object View Distance” setting now properly renders objects further on “High” than on “Low” in Blackout.
Source - Reddit