Following the v1.12 update that dropped on January 29, Treyarch have released a new game settings update that will bring some new content Call of Duty: Black Ops 4.
The latest Black Ops 4 update follows the now usual routine of bi-weekly major patches followed by smaller game updates.
As such, the February 5 update doesn't have any massive, game-changing new changes, but does bring some new modes and features for players on all platforms.
This week in #BlackOps4:
• MP: Hardcore Nuketown
• MP: Mercenary Nuketown
• Zombies: IX Gauntlet (Xbox One/PC)
• Blackout: Ambush limited-time mode (Xbox One/PC)
• Blackout: New camo progression system and Zero Outfit Unlock mission (Xbox One/PC) pic.twitter.com/m7IzjRerhB
— Treyarch Studios (@Treyarch) February 4, 2019
Multiplayer fans should be happy to see that two new playlists for Nuketwon have been added to Black Ops 4.
There will now be a Hardcore Nuketown and Mercenary Nuketown for those looking for a change of pace in their multiplayer carnage.
Additionally, the IX Gauntlet for Zombies and Ambush limited-time mode for Blackout will now be available for Xbox One and PC players.
Both of these new modes went live on PlayStation 4 last week, but now everyone can take part in what they bring to the table.
Treyarch have also released some key stability and gameplay improvements for all three game modes, including some tricky exploits that were present in Zombies.
Lastly, Treyarch dropped another tease for the "next big Operation and v1.13 game update," saying that an announcement will be coming next week along with a full breakdown of what's coming soon.
You can read the full February 5 patch notes, courtesy of Treyarch, below:
Feb. 5 Update: Mercenary & Hardcore Nuketown Featured Playlists, New IX Gauntlet and Ambush LTM now live on all platforms, Pro Series Playlist continues
We’re dropping two Nuketown Featured Playlists today in MP, and our new IX Zombies Gauntlet and Ambush limited-time mode in Blackout are now live on all platforms! Mercenary Capture Moshpit and Endurance Chaos Moshpit also round out the Featured category in MP with this update, and our Pro Series Moshpit playlist continues on all platforms with the latest CWL ruleset.
We’ve also made a handful of gameplay improvements as we prepare for our next big Operation and 1.13 game update. Watch this space next week for an announcement and a full breakdown of all the details...
Here’s what’s new in Black Ops 4 today:
- Mercenary Nuketown added as Featured Playlist in MP.
- Hardcore Nuketown, Mercenary Capture Moshpit, and Endurance Chaos Moshpit added to Featured category rotation in MP.
- Pro Series Moshpit playlist continues in MP on all platforms.
- “Veni, Vidi, Zombie!” Gauntlet in Zombies now live on all platforms.
- Ambush limited-time mode now available in Blackout on all platforms.
- Stability improvements in Multiplayer and Blackout.
- Miscellaneous gameplay improvements in Zombies.
- Featured Playlists
- Mercenary Nuketown added as Featured Playlist.
- Hardcore Nuketown, Mercenary Capture Moshpit, Endurance Chaos Moshpit, and Pro Series Moshpit added to Featured category.
- Game Modes
- Resolved an issue that caused the 9-Bang to be used more than once per round in Heist.
- Fixed a CODcaster crash with maximum players in Search & Destroy.
- Resolved an issue related to the Daemon 3XB where players could lose their weapons and points when taking a weapon from the Mystery Box.
- Closed an exploit where players could use the Electric Burst and a charged melee attack to stop enemies from pathing to players.
- Closed an exploit where players were able to keep the effects of the Ragnarok DG-5 if they were holding a Monkey Bomb or Claymore while the Special Weapon timed out.
- Closed an exploit where players could recreate the shockwave of the Special Weapon by switching between Equipment and Special Weapon.
- Helicopters now properly begin to malfunction when flying outside of the circle in Ambush.
- Black Market
- Fixed an issue with Crash’s Warlock outfit that prevented players from receiving the corresponding Warpaint.
The following updates are live today on Xbox One and PC:
- Limited-Time Mode
- Weapons limited to sniper rifles, melee attacks, and launchers only.
- Circle constantly advances with no delays between collapses.
- “Veni, Vidi, Zombie!” (IX)
- 30 rounds of challenges with unique rules for each round.
- Players earn medals and tiered rewards for completing rounds 10, 20, and 30, as well as a cosmetic reward for completing round 30 without failing a round.
- Players are issued a Strike by failing a round, with the game ending after three Strikes.
- All matches are timed for competitive speed-run support.
- “Veni, Vidi, Zombie!” (IX)